Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Fox X2 Needs to be recalled.
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2023 at 18:36 Quote
After having issues and seeing how many people have had the same issues with their X2s, they should be recalled. Or Fox needs to take some ownership and fix them for free and fix the issues. I tried having mine serviced at two very reputable suspension shops. One is the one of the most respected in the US. The one flat-out refused to service it. The other basically refused and told me even if they did service the shock; they wouldn't guarantee the work. C'mon, Fox, you have to do better than this. https://www.facebook.com/

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2023 at 20:22 Quote
maybe you should send it to fox....

they are upgrading the main body and trunnions on them if you send it in for service. at least they did for me and a couple others i know.

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 1:00 Quote
Am I right in thinking its only the post-2021 revised X2 thats having issues? My 2020 seems fine at least, and the complaints I've heard all seem to be for 2021 onwards.

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 7:16 Quote
Gravelben wrote:
Am I right in thinking its only the post-2021 revised X2 thats having issues? My 2020 seems fine at least, and the complaints I've heard all seem to be for 2021 onwards.

that is my understanding as well.

Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 8:46 Quote
I sent mine (2022) to Fox in November. Rebuilt free of charge

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2023 at 8:50 Quote
Ca31 wrote:

i can only assume they upgraded yours as well?

Posted: Feb 14, 2023 at 14:22 Quote
This is why I didn't go with a X2. They really need to focus on fixing the problem. Besides the air getting into the oil problem, they are great shocks I hear.

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2023 at 23:31 Quote
Ca31 wrote:

Mine too, but that's only good while it's still under warranty, and in my case it was a six week turnaround. No idea if it was upgraded, either.

Posted: Feb 15, 2023 at 0:17 Quote
i'm sharing my experience here as well...

Yes i'm riding an X2

Rebound doesnt work sent in for warranty

Again Rebound doesnt work, Warranty

came back from warranty leaked air... warranty

broken shaft, leaked oil, warranty

making those air oil noise, warranty

now its winter time, doesnt rode that much...

some air oil noise, rebound doesnt work...

called the service center, we dont know if we can do this under warranty...

Really Mad

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 15, 2023 at 4:50 Quote
blamalamadingdong wrote:
Gravelben wrote:

that is my understanding as well.

My 2019 Factory didn’t make it a year, that wasn’t uncommon at the time.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2023 at 7:17 Quote
boozed wrote:
Ca31 wrote:

Mine too, but that's only good while it's still under warranty, and in my case it was a six week turnaround. No idea if it was upgraded, either.

the work work order they ship it back with should state everything that was done

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 15, 2023 at 8:16 Quote
Generally, recalls are safety related. Because the issues with the x2 don't present an immediate safety concern, it's not likely it will be recalled. An extended warranty with an actual resolution would be a good customer retention move, however.

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2023 at 15:04 Quote
blamalamadingdong wrote:
boozed wrote:
Ca31 wrote:

the work work order they ship it back with should state everything that was done

Ahh, in that case they didn't. Oh well.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2023 at 9:12 Quote
sending mine in. not leaking just sounds like some air in the oil

Posted: Feb 19, 2023 at 19:26 Quote
Fox updated mine with the new parts.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008901
Mobile Version of Website