Route creation, why are some segments not selectable?

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Route creation, why are some segments not selectable?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2023 at 10:17 Quote
Hi, I am trying to make a route for a popular cross-country outing. This is the area as a link to the ride/route planner.

The first segments of the route (and many others) aren't selectable, and I can't figure out why. Any ideas? Here's an example: selecting the first segment of "Cold Creek" (green trail by the lift) doesn't work. However, I can select the second segment of that same trail, the one that starts off Forest Road 9070.

Why is that? What can I do to make all the segments on this map selectable for a route? I can't figure it out and online search hasn't yielded anything useful so far.

Thanks for any help!

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2023 at 14:26 Quote
DrCrash wrote:
The first segments of the route (and many others) aren't selectable, and I can't figure out why. Any ideas?

I think that what may be happening that the route planner doesn't work at all for Nordic skiing and the segments I can select are actually routable OSM roads from the base layer. If I turn the debug checkbox to see those on the map, they match what I can select (and is also poor data because the road has some segments in one direction and some in the other).

Is the planner broken?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 12:12 Quote
Ah yes you are correct, the route planner has never worked for the winter map. You can only use the drag/draw method for winter sports.

I just have never gotten around to creating a winter routing network, it has to be a totally different dataset.

We should update the UI and show a warning when selecting a winter map that this is the case!

O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2023 at 22:26 Quote
canadaka wrote:
We should update the UI and show a warning when selecting a winter map that this is the case!

Sure. but what about making it work for winter? TF is asking people to add a lot of trails etc. to cover all sports, but if we can't then make routes it's quite a damper on all the hard work to get trails in...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007975
Mobile Version of Website