Fastest Summer TIre

PB Forum :: Fat Bikes
Fastest Summer TIre
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2023 at 7:39 Quote
I'm looking to get a second set of tires for my Fat Bike to use on my local trails during the summer.
The trails behind my house are not very well maintained with lots of exposed roots and short/steep climbs.
I found riding on bigger tires more fun back there then my FS bike but would like something a bit smaller and better roll resistance then my 27.5x4.5's.
I don't want to buy 29+ wheels so just want something that works with my 80mm rims.
Looking for a tire that's 3.8/4" that's light and has the least amount of roll resistance. So far from my research I found the Cake Eater and Dillinger 4. Are there any others that would be better?

Posted: Feb 22, 2023 at 15:10 Quote
I run Bontrager Barbagazzi all year until I need studs then swap in the Gnarwhals. The Barbs are around 1250g for a 4.5 tire so they’re lighter than most other narrower tires.

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2023 at 7:32 Quote
I'll second the Barbegazi. They roll very well for the size, and light as mentioned. I've found the 3.8-4.0 tires to be no lighter, and the pressure is harder to find the sweet spot. Barbi's for the win!

Posted: May 8, 2023 at 9:56 Quote
Bontrager Hodag if you can find any. They've been discontinued

Posted: May 23, 2023 at 6:43 Quote
I ride 45Nrh DILLINGER 4 around. Work well in snow or trail. 4 psi for snow and 7 to 8 for trail.Love those tries. I also have a set of Dillinger 5’s in the wings, the 4’s are taking forever to wear out.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009135
Mobile Version of Website