Let's See Your Turner DHR!!!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Let's See Your Turner DHR!!!
Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 2:25 Quote
how do i get my hands on the remote shocks for the older sqarer frame. Some one please help me out!

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 7:34 Quote
call turner and ask them, im sure they'd know.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 10:26 Quote
ryan-irvine wrote:
how do i get my hands on the remote shocks for the older sqarer frame. Some one please help me out!
FOX made a remote shock with their DHX5.0 version, that's what came on mine I just got and Avalanche makes them still as well. You could contact Elka in Canada, if they don't have one I think they would do it for you if you ask them.

Posted: Mar 28, 2011 at 10:27 Quote
I just picked up a 2006 with a pretty good build but changing just a few parts anyways. It belonged to my riding buddy so I know the bike as if it was mine. It's white with black graphics but getting stripped down for an orange paint scheme this week.

Frame: Turner DHR 2006 Medium
Shock: FOX DHX 5.0
Fork: Fox40 2006
Headset: FSA 1.5 to 1-1/8
Stem: ?
Handlebar: Easton
grips: ODI Lock0on
Brakes: Avid Juicy Carbon
Rotors: Avid 8" Front / 6" rear
Crank: Truvativ Holzfeller DH (ISIS)
Chainring: RaceFace 34-t
BB: Truvativ ISIS
Chain Guide: E-13 LS1
Shifter: Sram X0
Derailleur: Sram X0 short cage
Cassette: 12-23 6-sp custom
Chain: sram
Front Hub: Hadley 20mm 32h
Rear Hub: Hadley 12X135mm 32h
Rims: Mavic 32h EX721 black
Spokes: DT Swiss Black
Nipples: DT Swiss Anodized alloy red
Tires: Maxxis minion 2.5 42A
Seat post: Thompson
Seat clamp:
Saddle: fizi:k (Black & Red)
Pedals: Shimano DX

Posted: Apr 16, 2011 at 2:00 Quote
My current DH bike, still a work in process.

photo

2006 Turner DHR with PUSH'D Fox RC and Ti Spring
2007 Fox 40 with Hope Crown, Ti Springs and Bolts
Raceface Atlas FR Flat Bars
Raceface Atlas FR Cranks
Hope Eternity Seat Post
Hope Seat Clamp
San Marco ASPide Seat
SRAM Lock-On Grips
SRAM XO Shifter and Rear Mech with Carbon Ceramic Jockey Wheels and Carbon Inner Cage
Wellego MG1 Pedals
Hope M4 Brakes with Goodridge Hoses
Hope Zero Stck Reducer Headset
Hope Ceramic BB
MRP and E13 Chainguide
E13 Chinring
SRAM Road Cssette
Hope Pro 2 on Mavic 729 Rims
Muddy Mary 2.5 Folding Tyres
Ti bolts throughout

I'm looking to save weight and the one thing that I won't be changing is the tyres as I need those for mytrip up Norht this month.

I know I want another Carbon MRP and new rims, loking at those Crest Rims

Will replace the drivetain when the trails have completely dried up, all the bits are in my spares box ready to go on but nows not the time and there'slife left in the old drivetain.

Would like to drill out the headtube and run the cales internally like my other Turner.

No idea of the weight but before I put the tyres on it was sub 40, really doesn't feel heavy once riding it just like the Rail which is heavy to touch but on the trails it feels like a bike half it's weight.

Posted: May 5, 2011 at 14:01 Quote
Hey people. On my dhr the shock hits the link when unweighted, is there something wrong?

Posted: Nov 12, 2012 at 6:58 Quote
My new rig...

New toy! Very happy with it except for it firing a shock bolt at me today.... cracked straight through Razz

Spec:

DHR 2006 (I think) frame
DHX 5 shock
66 RCV fork
EX721 on pro 2 wheelset
Raceface Atlas cranks, Fatality BMX proto pedals
Raceface single ring
SLX drivetrain
Shimano LX brakes
Nukeproof warhead bar + Stem
Superstar guide
SDG bel air saddle
A few pointless things like red alloy chainring bolts Pimp

Let me know what you think! Took it for it's first ride the other day, and the ride is incredible... easily comparable to v10s and Sundays I've ridden in the past

Posted: Oct 14, 2015 at 11:48 Quote
Guys!

I have an opportunity to buy a 2004 DHR brand new frame with an AVY. Although it isn't the most modern, or lightest subject, it is still one of my favorite bikes ever.

The Geo could easily be fixed with an Angleset to bring it to 64 degrees.

What are your thoughts on making a retro, yet still super fast modern build out of one!?

Posted: Oct 14, 2015 at 19:55 Quote
I'd say go for it man! The Turner rips! It's like my old Sunday. I had an AngleSet which dropped it down to 63 and it competed with all the modern bikes of these days! The Turner will be a nice ride especially with the Avy shock. Your probably paying little to nothing for that frame these days

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 6:46 Quote
2005 Turner DHR restore Project
My square tube DHR.

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 14:53 Quote
Hello all sweet builds I've got an opportunity to buy a complete 2006 turner dh for silly money needs work doing but for £500 is this worth it thanks
I'm 6 foot would a med or large be best

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 15:13 Quote
Hi Hoopman1989,
The 2004-2006 square tube DHR's are awsome. But just keep a few things in mind before buying it. I only took up my blue DHR project build because I was still able to source out all new parts to make the build happen. I'm not sure if Turner bikes has anymore bearings kits and hardware for that model DHR in stock. But you can always call Dave Turner. He was always willing to help out with my build. Also, it's hard to find a good rear shock for the square tubed models. Luckly your looking into a 2006 model so it should have the FOX 5.0 DHX with the remote resy. FOX will still repair and service those shocks. The rear wheel hub spacing is 135mm. And the BB is 73. I had to build up a wheelset because it's hard enough to find a good 26" wheelset. Let alone a 135x12 wheelset. A Medium size would work. But I'd try to find a large if possible. Medium is 21.5" from seat tube to head tube as where the large is 22.6". And the stand over height is 30" vs 31". It's a great bike. Super light-weight too. I would have kept the one I built. But mine was a small. And I'm 5'9". Good luck if you decide to go with it. If you have any other questions about it. Please feel free to ask.

Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 1:02 Quote
Thanks for your reply rpb10276
The information was a very big help in deciding what I should do 1st of all I emailed turner like you suggested he said this.... No, sorry. No more parts for the old DHR.

You should not buy any bike that old. Get something from the last 3-4 years, superior in every way.

that's the answer not the one I was hoping for really but now I know that if get the bike can't get parts at all for it.

I've also been offered a big hit fsr 2004 for 300 only needs a new rear spring and same in the forks for my weight

Posted: Jul 28, 2021 at 3:57 Quote
I had to buy new bearings as mine let's just say had lots of play and the needle bearing had 2 missing.
Fitting them on Friday I've read you use loctite green behind the pivot bearing to close the gap up fingers crossed all goes well
Will post a picture of when it's done

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.745838
Mobile Version of Website