Sleeping in your car in whistler

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sleeping in your car in whistler
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
im thinking about going up to whistler from portland oregon this summer by myself and was concidering renting a van and heading up there for 2 days. figure it will save miles on my car AND i was hoping i could sleep in it to avoid hotel costs. anyone done this? is there places to park overnight close to the village? and does anyone have experience getting a rental car/van over the border?

i searched and couldnt find anything

thanks

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
try the whistler hostel, it is a five-ten min ride from the mountain. it is really nice and incredibly cheap... it'll beat a van any day

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 21:38 Quote
how easily does the hostle fill up on a midweek in the summer? anyone else try sleeping in your rig?

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 21:50 Quote
dude its a bitch to get rental cars over the border

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 21:58 Quote
there not really to keen on it, i did it last summer for a night cause i rolled in at like 11pm, but the next few nights i hit up on of the hostels and it was stellar. its usually pretty full in the summer time so if you know when your gonna be heading up that way just call ahead a couple of weeks and make a reservation.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 22:16 Quote
konacoiler wrote:
what kind of bitch? is it possible? tell me what ya know.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 22:25 Quote
awakethroughmotion wrote:
konacoiler wrote:
its just like f*ckin like they have it in a contract that you cant leave the country unless you pay like a bunch of fees like out of country insurance and you have to pay in canadian money. how do i know this you may ask well i went from idaho to bc like last april and thats what it was for us

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 22:28 Quote
konacoiler wrote:
konacoiler wrote:
its just like f*ckin like they have it in a contract that you cant leave the country unless you pay like a bunch of fees like out of country insurance and you have to pay in canadian money. how do i know this you may ask well i went from idaho to bc like last april and thats what it was for us
good to know Mr. Coiler, ill call around to some rental car places, maybe one offers a canada option.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 22:30 Quote
just to let you know whistler can get incredibly cold, winter, and summer, because it is freaking HIGH!

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 22:32 Quote
thanks, ill bring lots of blankets Smile i used to work at timberline and would sleep in my car in the winter sometimes, used to it.

Posted: Mar 14, 2008 at 22:57 Quote
konacoiler wrote:
good to know Mr. Coiler, ill call around to some rental car places, maybe one offers a canada option.
yeah no prob man

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 0:02 Quote
Sleep in one of the day parking lots. Preferable lot#4. My friend stayed in his S10 Campervan for over a month. He just moved it around every few days and stayed other places like once a week, and no one even questioned him. There are LOTS of people that stay long times in the lots. There was a guy claimed to have been there for 4 months in his Astro van. Hostels are like hotels but cheaper, and not worth it in my opinion. Especially when its warm outside, and you can easily sleep in a sleeping bag in a van. Another bonus is you can have little Pow-wows with fellow campers.

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 0:15 Quote
apparently the whistler hostel is incredibly cheap so if you could then go with the hostel because the fee for sleeping in your car overnight is 75$ and if the hostel is cheaper than that why wouldn't you go with the nicer of the Two

Posted: Mar 15, 2008 at 15:16 Quote
the hostel is 35 a night in creekside and 25 in pemberton. the fine for sleeping in your car is 70 bucks? really

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009445
Mobile Version of Website