Trek Roscoe 6 XL 27.5" Fork Replacement

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Roscoe 6 XL 27.5" Fork Replacement
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 27, 2023 at 10:13 Quote
I'm planning on replacing the suspension forks on my Roscoe 6, but I'm unsure of which size I should go for. The guy in my local bike shop told me when I brought the bike that it could take a 29" wheel up to 2.6" wide in place of the 27.5"+ 2.8" wide tyre it came with. I hadn't thought anymore about this until recently when looking to upgrade to a Rockshox air fork. It occurs to me that the 27.5"+/650b+ x 2.8" tyres I'm currently running, have the same outer diameter of 740mm. Now, I know almost nothing about bike work but I am just about arrogant enough think I've got it all figured out, then go ahead and drop £600 on an incompatible fork. My question is simple, If I intend on sticking with the same size wheels and tyres that came with the bike, what size fork do I need? Someone on another forum mentioned the existence of 27.5"+ forks, but I can only find my chosen replacement (the RockShox SID SL Select Charger - DebonAir Fork) in either 27.5" or 29".
In my head, I'm thinking that the OD of the 27.5"+ and the 29" wheels is the same, therefore the 27.5"+ wheel/tyre combo won't fit on a standard 27.5" fork so it has to be a 29" fork, right? Can I still run my Maxxis Highroller 2's 2.8" width and wheels with a 29" Rockshox SID SL Select Charger? What other considerations have I missed out?

Thank you all, in advance for your help!

Marcus

Posted: Apr 8, 2023 at 8:30 Quote
I don't have any experience with the Sid, but a boost 29er fork will work. Fox 29er forks are usually labelled 27.5+/29, and I run 29x3.0 with a Pike on one of my hardtail with tons of clearance.

Posted: Apr 15, 2023 at 14:34 Quote
I bought a rockshox sektor silver (140mm) travel on ebay for mine. The OE sr suntour thing was done and this has worked out great for me. Apparently it's a OE fork that comes on a trance? Not sure...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008894
Mobile Version of Website