What's better american football or rugby?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
What's better american football or rugby?
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
goin to oz in 3 weeks for a 17 day rugby tour. woohoo! stoked. sydney, perth, hong kong. games clinics and we get to watch a coupla super 14 games. can't bring the bike along but i got all summer to ride BC, and AB.
i really like the speed of the aus/nz game myself. but i certainly don't dislike the brits style of play. preferences, opinions. all good.
i also enjoy playing american football. or at least i did. it was fun.

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 17:56 Quote
luli79 wrote:
Rugby, Football is for girls who are afraid to take a hit without their pads on! It would be like asking which sport is better; Figure Skating or Hockey? Hockey and Lacrosse are the only other two sports worth a damn any way!
Couldn't of said it any better myself.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 10:50 Quote
Skittle- wrote:
davidmountaincycles wrote:
-jumpstyle- wrote:

new zealand all blacks rock

that is true about engaland i hate to say it, but new zealand are the biggest bunch of cheats with forward pass,off ball sh#t and illegal tackles, they can get away with anything without getting a penalty against them, any other team doesn't. they are supposed to be the best in the world but they are so arrogant that when the world cup comes they get stuffed
You don't know what you're talking about. All blacks have the nasty habit of peaking in between world cups. They are not arrogant at all they play exciting rugby unlike England who play kicking rugby and then relying on their forwards to do the dirty work.I've been playing rugby since I was 5 and at a high level for the past 5 years in secondary and All Blacks and southern hemisphere teams have always been the most exciting and now most recently Argentina. England needs to learn a lesson from these guys and play some proper rugby.

Wales for 6 Nations!

Argentina should be entered into 6 nations too!

Scotland will hump England and I'm gonna be there to see it!

argentina shouldn't be in the 6 nations they are no were near europe, if anything they should be added to the try nations

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 at 14:43 Quote
Skittle- wrote:

that is true about engaland i hate to say it, but new zealand are the biggest bunch of cheats with forward pass,off ball sh#t and illegal tackles, they can get away with anything without getting a penalty against them, any other team doesn't. they are supposed to be the best in the world but they are so arrogant that when the world cup comes they get stuffed
You don't know what you're talking about. All blacks have the nasty habit of peaking in between world cups. They are not arrogant at all they play exciting rugby unlike England who play kicking rugby and then relying on their forwards to do the dirty work.I've been playing rugby since I was 5 and at a high level for the past 5 years in secondary and All Blacks and southern hemisphere teams have always been the most exciting and now most recently Argentina. England needs to learn a lesson from these guys and play some proper rugby.

Wales for 6 Nations!

Argentina should be entered into 6 nations too!

Scotland will hump England and I'm gonna be there to see it!

argentina shouldn't be in the 6 nations they are no were near europe, if anything they should be added to the try nations
That's why they'd play their games in Spain. It's an ongoing debate and Spain are coming closer and closer to allowing it.

Posted: Mar 16, 2008 at 0:47 Quote
gozza wrote:
samthebiker wrote:
gozza wrote:

naa sorry mate but a don't think thats gunna happen, its gunna be between France and Ireland.

you watch - we will win. come back to this thread at the end of the six nations and we'll see whos right

see you here mate

What can i say - wales won the grandslam so looks like i was rightSalute Big Grin

Posted: Mar 16, 2008 at 1:49 Quote
SCOTLAND WON I WAS THERE! Fooking magic! Some people weredancing on an english flag haha downed.
Well done Wales on the grand slam they deserve it.

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 12:21 Quote
rugby hands down, theres no point in comparing them. american foorball originated from rugby, but they decided to start throwing the ball forward and wear 3 inches of shoulder padding, not to mention helmets!!

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 16:10 Quote
nickbdhstreet wrote:
rugby hands down, theres no point in comparing them. american foorball originated from rugby, but they decided to start throwing the ball forward and wear 3 inches of shoulder padding, not to mention helmets!!
dont forget the spandexWhip

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 3:01 Quote
hardtail-rider wrote:
nickbdhstreet wrote:

to be fair though, i wear lycra shorts and a lot of people wear those skin tight thermal layer things....

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 13:12 Quote
nickbdhstreet wrote:
hardtail-rider wrote:
nickbdhstreet wrote:

to be fair though, i wear lycra shorts and a lot of people wear those skin tight thermal layer things....
i wear underarmour but they wear the whole thing

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
nickbdhstreet wrote:
hardtail-rider wrote:
nickbdhstreet wrote:

thts underneath it aint as gay

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 at 18:40 Quote
lol funny how a few pages back the thread was which rugby team, country, hemisphere was best. there was no mention of american football at all lol

btw whens the next american football world cup? i missed the last one

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 2:56 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
lol funny how a few pages back the thread was which rugby team, country, hemisphere was best. there was no mention of american football at all lol

btw whens the next american football world cup? i missed the last one
meh its jst american football loool

Posted: Apr 5, 2008 at 11:58 Quote
im not sure but here it goes:
they dont have a world cup- they have the superbowl. which i think is when the top teams from the "league", having gone through a series of playoffs, play each other.
?????????????

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028415
Mobile Version of Website