Are these scammers/ bots or just idiots?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Are these scammers/ bots or just idiots?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 28, 2023 at 18:23 Quote
Scammers or stupid?

I've been on PB for a long time and I'm just trying to get rid of shit in my shed but I've been getting what I considered in my mind crazy messages and I don't know if they're just idiots or scammers or a bot. All of them are new accounts in the last year or so with no pictures or anything else.

I had one guy asking me what size my medium bike was. I mean, what is the human size range. I told him it was probably made for a medium size human. No more interaction. Maybe idiot.

Of course tons of idiots asking if my bikes are for sale when I have to repost it every 4 days, but those are probably just stupid humans.

Of course I saved the best for last.

I had a guy asked me for additional information on my Nomad for sale. Makes sense right? You can look up my buy and sell and see this ad is legit, this is what is listed. I told the guy what kind of additional information could he want I already wrote novella about it, did he want the encyclopedia version?

I never really thought of scammers cuz I'm on the selling side, but what the f*ck?

For f*ck sakes, what's with all these idiots?

And of course I had a guy from the states offer me crazy money for the Nomad, close to 2K Canadian with shipping, but I said I don't think so.

I'm lucky that I live in BC and a mountain biking hot bed, so I do a lot of face to face with non sequential unmarked bills, but I really feel for those people that can't find what they want locally.

Copy and paste from my ad. What more information would you want?

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3539752/

"Santa Cruz Nomad for sale

The original quiver killer for sale. Fully rebuilt Mk1 Santa Cruz Nomad for sale. I always wanted one and I bought this as a project to keep me out of trouble this winter.

Frame was visually inspected by a CWB certified welder and was devoid of visual defects/ cracks before being painted.

Frame was powder coated by Protek powder coaters in Kelowna, the guys who used to do the Rocky Mountain paint jobs before the Frenchies bought Rocky. It should last as long as my 1999 Rocky Blizzard they did when it was new. This is the third frame of mine they have powder coated. Always great work and much attention to detail taping and protecting threads. 10 out of 10 would recommend. If you look at the pictures of my other bikes, the two they powder coated are the Banshee Rune and the Rocky Blizzard.

Bought new bearing kit for all frame bearings, new fork seals and bearings for the front hub. All of these parts never been used before this winter's rebuild and installed 2023.

Fox Vanilla 36 RC2 replaced the original Talas 36 RC2 and it's been fully rebuilt including new seals and oil. The Vanilla was owned by a friend since new and has mostly sat in my shed because I'm a Marzocchi man. Fork comes with soft, medium, heavy springs. Bike also comes with the spare RC2 cartridge from the Talas and the air spring if you can find that little o-ring between the positive and negative chamber.

Fox DHX Air 5.0 Kashima was claimed to not work but it turned out seven of the eight frame bearings were seized so it now works. Changes in rebound work, the shock holds air, all of the clickers move.

Wheels are DT Swiss 340 hubs laced to Mavic 321 rims. The originals were Sram X7 hubs so it's a nice upgrade and the DT cassette spins well. New unused bearings in front hub replaced 2023. Rears were replaced before and are tight. Rear tire is a Maxxis Larson TT semi-slick which is new with nubs and front is Specialized Eskar2 which is used but in great shape. I do have another Eskar2 if you don't want a semi slick, though it's not it is good a shape as the one that's on the front.

Upgraded to 9-speed XT shifter and derailleur. New full length inner and outer shift cable, so it's dreamy. Chain is decent and the narrow wide is new. It's not a clutch but with a narrow wide you don't drop chains. Pretty sure I have the original front derailleur and shifter if you want them.

Original bottom bracket was shot so I cannibalized another bike and upgraded to XT cranks. Bearings are in great shape. Pedals are not included or I have some old flats I can throw in.

The brakes are front XT which are great and if I find time I will bleed it a little better. The rear is the original Juicy 7 that is on there only because I don't have anything else.

Cockpit is made of upgraded parts I had laying around or stuff that I upgraded. Bars are 750 mm wide. New grips. 60 mm Hussefelt stem. It's got my favorite Chromag seat post clamp that I've had forever but don't need with dropper posts. Seat is new and comfortable. Seatpost came from my Banshee and is a Thompson replica. Works good and it's good quality.

This whole bike has been 100% pulled apart, everything cleaned, grease stripped and put together torqued to specs. I'd say with the upgrades it's better than new.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008379
Mobile Version of Website