Manitou Travis - Damping Problem!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Manitou Travis - Damping Problem!
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 22:07 Quote
mtbfreerida wrote:
shondo wrote:
I'd like to really suggest you consider replacing the internals with the other Manitou damping system, the TPC+.

Yeah, actually... I didnt realize when I made that first post that I actually have the TPC+. The specs for the bike, 06 Jamis Diablo 2.0, said that it came with the Intrinsic, but... aparantly mine didn't!

Dont get me wrong, the Travis is a great fork! Feels awesome! Probably the best fork I've owned for that matter. Just had a little mishap with it coming apart on me, no biggie... an easy fix. I was just a little pissed yesturday when I made the "Manipoo" coment because I thought this fork was gonna brake my bank.

The Single 180 is Intrinsic.

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 22:28 Quote
many of the OEM Travis 180mm for 2006 and 2007 were TPC+. And much freaking better.

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 22:35 Quote
yeah...heres the thing about Travis'..they suck! definetly go with some 66 or a totem

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 22:42 Quote
levigardiner wrote:
yeah...heres the thing about Travis'..they suck! definetly go with some 66 or a totem

Stop talking out of your ass noob!Big Grin

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 22:47 Quote
^^ Seriously, have u ever ridden a travis? Have you ever owned a travis? Have you ever ridden around in more then a parking lot on one? Do you know how to look after your fork(s) if you do, or have? Travis's are top of the line products. Ive ridden one for ALONG time, and barley had any problems that were not my fault. All you have to do is look after them, and they will look after you! (Better then any Marzo ever has anyways)

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 22:54 Quote
forgottenfreerider wrote:
^^ Seriously, have u ever ridden a travis? Have you ever owned a travis? Have you ever ridden around in more then a parking lot on one? Do you know how to look after your fork(s) if you do, or have? Travis's are top of the line products. Ive ridden one for ALONG time, and barley had any problems that were not my fault. All you have to do is look after them, and they will look after you! (Better then any Marzo ever has anyways)

yes... i have riddin travis' for half a year untill they snaped, they were nothin but continuis matinence at a big bother....then i got 88's and havent once had to get them repaired or had to matenence them

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 11:15 Quote
my single 180 has TPC+ and no probs ................YET. i like it alright for the fork that came w/ the bike. would rather have a dual tho.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
Travis are good forks but when it comes to hard crashing those are very sensitive for breaking.Mines al ready broke 3 times in 1 year where all the internals etc needed to be changed to new one.I'd stayed away from Manitou and bougth me a 888 fork that preformce so many times better.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 12:16 Quote
try crashing less.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 13:24 Quote
ya that sux i crash alot Frown

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 13:33 Quote
shondo wrote:
many of the OEM Travis 180mm for 2006 and 2007 were TPC+. And much freaking better.

I kind of figured that might be the case. He just didn't sound too sure.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
The guy I bought the bike from used to work for Manitou, so he must have converted to TPC+ as the bike comes stock with an Intrinsic. That sorta says somthin...

I have never riddin a Travis w/ Intrinsic so I can't say anything about it, but like I said... in my opinion the Travis with TPC+ is a great fork.

Ive ridden a 888 and its good for hard core DH and big hits. The single crown just suits me better. At the moment Im only riding light DH on my Travis, mostly local trails, and lots of jumps. The Travis TPC+ is ALMOST perfect for all that... though its a little too soft for dirt jumps, could go with a stiffer spring but then I loose that plushness for the DH. So I'm still concidering a 66 which would offer more adjustability for different riding diciplines.

For the time being... I just cant wait to get the parts, put the fork back together and get back out there.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 20:40 Quote
When they work Manitou forks feel nice. Even the Intrinsic feels pretty damn good. Marzocchi just feels better and doesn't take constant attention.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 20:43 Quote
the manitou travis is great.......just make sure they are using good seals......

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014335
Mobile Version of Website