Canyon, NEVER AGAIN!

PB Forum :: Other
Canyon, NEVER AGAIN!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 23, 2023 at 13:04 Quote
In 2018, I had the opportunity to travel to Europe, (I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) and Bought a Brand-New Canyon Spectral AL 7.0 (Shimano XT Group). A great bike!
But the I can't say the same from the brand.
At that time, I bought it online from German website, and got as PDF the following documents:
Invoice, as well as
General terms and
Revocation instructions.
Life went on, the pandemic came, and I used it to get fresh air.
By 2022, I realized, there were some corrosion coming from underneath the paint on the lower part of the top tube. Exactly where the thread is welded to the frame. The different materials welded together, tend to get corroded by sweat, when the frame is not properly treated.
That's when my perception about canyon started to change.
As I am from South America, the website drives you to a person who only attends south american customers. And the only thing this person can repeat is that they do not cover corrosion.
When I bought the bike, the above-mentioned documents, stated a six years warranty. No one word about Corrosion was writen. But now, Canyon’s representative can only repeat: We do not cover corrosion.
If any one here is looking for a new bike, keep with American brands, they care about customers.
I just bought a Scott Gravel bike from a local bike shop, who cares for the service.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2023 at 13:10 Quote
From Canyon's website:

What is not covered by guarantee or warranty?
Here’s a few examples of what we do not cover:

Accidental damage (damage to the bike caused by a collision, dropping or similar)
Wear and tear
Damage from corrosion
Abuse (riding your bike outside of its intended use, see the bike classification)

What are you complaining about?

FL
Posted: May 23, 2023 at 21:41 Quote
so you sweated all over the bike and its now 5/6 years old and has corrosion... your dreaming.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008776
Mobile Version of Website