Scott Twinloc 2 Needed

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 24, 2023 at 12:38 Quote
I’m looking for a needle in a haystack and might actually have more luck finding a needle in a haystack!

Scott p/n 290009

It’s the twinloc with 3 levers from model year 2022 on.

Mine has some threads that are stripped rendering it basically useless. I am working with a Scott Bikes representative and he’s looking for one also but I figure it can’t hurt to ask here.

We have a trip to the mountains planned and I’d really like to be able to take the Spark RC.

Thank you for any and all leads.

Posted: May 24, 2023 at 13:01 Quote
While you search for the exact replacement have you considered:
(1) Get a longer bolt that goes all the way through and cinch it tight with a nut
(2) Tap out the threads and use a different bolt to match
(3) Configuring the controls with third party remotes

Posted: May 26, 2023 at 9:32 Quote
Thank you for the reply.

Many other options including those listed above have been considered.

The Scott twinloc hardware and parts are very unique thus negating the use of other parts.

O+
Posted: May 28, 2023 at 13:48 Quote
Just throw that shit away.
Locking out a fork is not a useful thing.

On seated Very steep climbs why would you want your fork to hike up and not settle back down, essentially slacking out your bike, and once it's hiked it actually compresses your rear suspension more.

If anything you want a fork that the rebound slows down on when on a maxed out climb, that stays down, not the other way around.

You can ride without it like everyone else who doesn't ride a Scott or who has an actual performance oriented damper in the fork with a design not conducive to a lockout.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008729
Mobile Version of Website