Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 2:34 Quote
Greasers vs sociables at high noon, meet at the gate. Toughest internet warrior keeps all the pokemon cards. Will return to trail conditions next year once all the dust settles. Mountain biking is serious business. Three kings was great this evening and new mystery trail was fun as well. If everyone just rode and enjoyed everyone would be a lot happier.

Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 7:00 Quote
jory666 wrote:
OK. Fair enough. I'm just sick of all the self appointed sheriffs of moose mountain. Also, we didn't hurt anyone, nor did we wreck the road. And finally......the only reason we went around the gate was because there were OTHER trucks doing the exact same thing. Why? Because its bullshit that the road is gated at this time and I have absolutely ZERO guilt about getting around that.

Do you have children?

Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 7:00 Quote
tgreid wrote:
Greasers vs sociables at high noon, meet at the gate. Toughest internet warrior keeps all the pokemon cards. Will return to trail conditions next year once all the dust settles. Mountain biking is serious business. Three kings was great this evening and new mystery trail was fun as well. If everyone just rode and enjoyed everyone would be a lot happier.
Well said Tyler. If you are talking about he trail that starts about halfway down 3 Kings when 3 kings goes right and thi new trail keeps going straight, you are on the old Al Matador trail that we are rebuilding for beginner intermediate riders. It has 4 sections on it and they are all in different stages of completion.

Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 17:33 Quote
tgreid wrote:
Fernie trails great, rode both sides of the mount Fernie campground.

Agreed, did a couple laps of Project 9 yesterday morning, and Ridgemont area in the afternoon. Both were completely dry, like mid July dry. Rained in Fernie last night, which we thought would make the trails a mess, but rode Swine Flu this morning and it was hard packed and tacky, no standing water, no mud, just hero dirt. It was a great weekend in Fernie.

Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 20:00 Quote
Headed for a ride tomorrow afternoon. Any recommendations of best place to ride? Riding up family guy is not an option Razz

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 8:13 Quote
Anybody been up high to see if Jewell Pass was dry? I've been up high before.

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 8:41 Quote
slipperypete wrote:

Prairie Climb was dry. Descent had the occastional snow patch. Razors was G2G all the way to the 1, Quaite Valley back up had the most soft bits / snow bits, but still pretty frozen still on this side of things....but you can stay on your bike the whole time. Down Jewel Pass only had snow in that first lil bit after the intersection. I did this Sat, so I'd imagine Sunday was better.
With 21c temps...by Tues, I'd be darn good hopefully.

Hope that helps.

And to the short shortsightedness of 'zee shuttle dodge' mr jory666....Ha Ha.. Bud...if you screw up the shuttle situation, I will personally come to your house and kick the living 's*t out of you. I'm sure I'll have to get in line from the other riders first. Respect the situation or simply get the F of the mountain and take up knitting or something.

And Yes...we do know who controls the road, talk to any member of MMBTS...actually...why don't you show up to the MMBTS AGM 7pm Friday May 1st at GSL to explain to all the members why ignoring the rules is ok for you namely because you have 666 in your 'interwebber name, thus making you a certified bad arse dude.

But bro...I listen to Slayer too...but at least I give two F's and respect the rules.

Don't make me use quotes from the Big Lebowski....

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 8:53 Quote
quinner wrote:
slipperypete wrote:

Prairie Climb was dry. Descent had the occastional snow patch. Razors was G2G all the way to the 1, Quaite Valley back up had the most soft bits / snow bits, but still pretty frozen still on this side of things....but you can stay on your bike the whole time. Down Jewel Pass only had snow in that first lil bit after the intersection. I did this Sat, so I'd imagine Sunday was better.

Hope that helps.

And to the short shortsightedness of 'zee shuttle dodge' mr jory666....Ha Ha.. Bud...if you screw up the shuttle situation, I will personally come to your house and kick the living 's*t out of you. I'm sure I'll have to get in line from the other riders first. Respect the situation or simply get the F of the mountain and take up knitting or something.

And Yes...we do know who controls the road, talk to any member of MMBTS...actually...why don't you show up to the MMBTS AGM 7pm Friday May 1st at GSL to explain to all the members why ignoring the rules is ok for you namely because you have 666 in your 'interwebber name, thus making you a certified bad arse dude.

But bro...I listen to Slayer too...but at least I give two F's and respect the rules.

hahaha. Nice!! He should try and drive up Family Guy. That'll really piss people off.......

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 9:01 Quote
Well played Kenny hahahaSalute

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 9:10 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
hahaha. Nice!! He should try and drive up Family Guy. That'll really piss people off.......

Hmmm.... I wonder if I could fit a quad on family guy... or at least on elbow trail, then I could shuttle with a 2 bike rack.... Technically I wouldn't be driving around the gate since I wouldn't be anywhere near the gate....

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 10:02 Quote
quinner wrote:
slipperypete wrote:

Hope that helps.

And there you have it folks, THE.POST.OF.THE.YEAR. Not to be deleteddeded. Your 2015 thread KOM

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 10:20 Quote
quinner wrote:
slipperypete wrote:

Hope that helps.

So is this what we shoulda done when all the shuttle ho's got us locked out of the husky road when we built those trails? Gone to everyone's house and kicked their asses?

CM!

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 10:24 Quote
This thread is better than movies for mondays...

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 10:48 Quote
On another note, the post from Retallack has got me seriously contemplating a trip this summer. Its a bit pricey but I can only assume it would be 3 of the best biking days of my life. 2 days vehicle shuttles and one day helicopter, everything else is included in the price except for booze and massage services (and not that kind you dirty devil Pimp ). Anyone else have the urge to get out there, if you don't then you probably haven't seen Peek to Creek yet... Maybe we can get a group planned out?

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 10:58 Quote
VPS13 wrote:
On another note, the post from Retallack has got me seriously contemplating a trip this summer. Its a bit pricey but I can only assume it would be 3 of the best biking days of my life. 2 days vehicle shuttles and one day helicopter, everything else is included in the price except for booze and massage services (and not that kind you dirty devil Pimp ). Anyone else have the urge to get out there, if you don't then you probably haven't seen Peek to Creek yet... Maybe we can get a group planned out?

Rode up there last year. Worth every penny.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008814
Mobile Version of Website