Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: May 6, 2015 at 19:50 Quote
I would take a pass on ranger strange brew. Pretty greasy. And had snowed by the end of the ride.

I'd stay on the north side pending a report from tonight. It was awesome as of last night.

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 19:58 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
I would take a pass on ranger strange brew. Pretty greasy. And had snowed by the end of the ride.

I'd stay on the north side pending a report from tonight. It was awesome as of last night.

I agree on how greasy it was on ranger, strange brew but no damage to the trail and the trail it had a new aspect to it considering all the wet rocks, roots in corners and slick berms. wicked fun time decending

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 20:49 Quote
Sweamrs has just got back looking cold, wet and miserable from a raining and snowing ride on the WB northern trails. For once glad I was looking after jnrBig Grin

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 8:56 Quote
Sounds like both sides at West Bragg are slimy according to what I saw and what sweaman2 saw. Was anyone on the moose side last night? family guy, toothless, etc. I assume got some snow at the top.

Sounds like K-Country got snow as well. Canmore reports?

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 11:36 Quote
How is Fish Creek? I have to be at the south end of town this evening but don't have time for Bragg.

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 11:55 Quote
fargle wrote:
How is Fish Creek? I have to be at the south end of town this evening but don't have time for Bragg.

All areas of Fish are in great shape. There is no mud. Either tacky, hero dirt, or moon dust.

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 15:45 Quote
Bragging rights greasy Merlin dry. Horses likely to cause damage bikes ok. Lot of traffic today.

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 19:01 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
Sounds like both sides at West Bragg are slimy according to what I saw and what sweaman2 saw. Was anyone on the moose side last night? family guy, toothless, etc. I assume got some snow at the top.

Sounds like K-Country got snow as well. Canmore reports?

Highline- Three Sister Climb was a bit greasy but the rest of the trail was in great shape this afternoon.

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 20:26 Quote
Hey!
I don't need to remind anyone of the Moose trail day on Saturday do I?
No?
Good, then I won't.

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 20:32 Quote
Ha! yeah right
Don't forget, Moose Mountain Trail Day on Saturday!
Everyone is welcome. Work will be focused on Race of Spades. That climb sucks, we are going to keep people on their pedals!
Meet at Ing's Mine Parking Lot at 10:30 am for sign-in and tools. Dress appropriately and bring what you need to make it to the awesome BBQ after.
-MMBTS

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 22:00 Quote
Prairie View is all good on the way up. Pretty soupy/snowy on the way down as of 7pm. Jewell Pass is always awesome, but greasy with some puddles.

Posted: May 7, 2015 at 22:05 Quote
I'm planning on coming out to Calgary/area this weekend and spending a bunch of possibly tomorrow evening and Saturday riding. Any good loops you'd recommend for a guy just getting back into riding? I'm not new to riding, but new to riding fs and still figuring stuff out.

Thoughts? Ideas? Recommendations?

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 5:23 Quote
saskskier wrote:
I'm planning on coming out to Calgary/area this weekend and spending a bunch of possibly tomorrow evening and Saturday riding. Any good loops you'd recommend for a guy just getting back into riding? I'm not new to riding, but new to riding fs and still figuring stuff out.

Check out the Eastlands just east of Canada olympic park. It's my fav single track in the city. It's a pretty compact area but there is a lot of trails. There are some trail maps at some of the junctions but nothing is really marked so the best way to learn the system is to ride a few laps and just take random trails until you kind of figure it out. There are usually other riders out on the trails that can steer you in the right direction.

Alternatively, if you are in the south you can hit up Fish Creek Provincial Park. I am less familiar with the trails down there, but someone here should be able to chime in.

Posted: May 8, 2015 at 5:37 Quote
saskskier wrote:

Also look up 12 Mile Coulee and Bowmont if you will be in NW, they are pretty close to Eastlands. They are on the Bikepirate and Trailforks sites.

Nose Hill Park is hit and miss if you don't already know the park, but it might be good if you are just getting back into it. There are some good singletrack sections but there is also a lot of gravel pathways and flat/straight double track.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025763
Mobile Version of Website