Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Mar 8, 2017 at 20:25 Quote
Cro-Mag wrote:
kenny99 wrote:
WBC was awesome for fat bike. No studs needed. All was good as of sunday night and last night - snowy owl, bragging, ranger, strange, long distance south but it was snowing when we left last night so not sure how much they got late. There was a guy ripping on a nomad and seemed to be fine as everything was packed hard. All depends on the amount of snow last night....

That whole loop was sweet when i went with the school group today......unless you were the guys we crossed complaining of how cold it was.......You could even defy the signs and ride skinnies.......

CM!

Not me. I was at work. Plus I enjoy the cold. Keeps the weak away

Posted: Mar 9, 2017 at 8:07 Quote
wyldkat wrote:
Quick question for fellow riders, do you insure your bikes with a separate rider or policy from your homeowner/tenants insurance? If you do what company do you use and how are the rates? I currently have a separate rider on my policy that covers my bikes up to a certain level but always looking to save money and feel more secure.

I use Liability Protection. It works against claims of liability for bodily injury, property damage, and personal injury. We have same for the whole family. We all have policies in MIS (https://www.mis-insurance.com/) I know that it usually starts as $59/month. But as for it's a bit higher, due to biking. I pay $75/month.
I know that's good to have separate Bicycle insurance, when the bike is covered if it’s damaged in a crash. Or if your bike is stolen from your home, car, workplace or any other secure location, it’s covered. A lot of my friends use it, but I pay enough my personal insurance and home-, and auto insurance. So maybe I will use it in future.

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 at 11:18 Quote
Kaira wrote:
wyldkat wrote:
Quick question for fellow riders, do you insure your bikes with a separate rider or policy from your homeowner/tenants insurance? If you do what company do you use and how are the rates? I currently have a separate rider on my policy that covers my bikes up to a certain level but always looking to save money and feel more secure.

I use Liability Protection. It works against claims of liability for bodily injury, property damage, and personal injury. We have same for the whole family. We all have policies in MIS (https://www.mis-insurance.com/) I know that it usually starts as $59/month. But as for it's a bit higher, due to biking. I pay $75/month.
I know that's a good to have separate Bicycle insurance, when the bike is covered if it’s damaged in a crash. Or if your bike is stolen from your home, car, workplace or any other secure location, it’s covered. A lot of my friends use it, but I pay enoght my personal insurance and home-, and auto insurance. So maybe I will use it in future.

How is your Enmax?

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 at 14:37 Quote
[Quote="rbbs"]
Kaira wrote:
How is your Enmax?

Sorry man, I'm not from Alberta.
Uuups, I missed up that here gather Calgarians Smile

Posted: Mar 12, 2017 at 9:05 Quote
Any west Bragg recon? Another question...whos grooming the trails in West Bragg and how? I like the idea just Beer to those folks...

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2017 at 19:33 Quote
Was exceptional at West Bragg today and yesterday. Good, skinny or fat, studded or not.

Rode Merlin, braggin rights, ranger, strange brew and a the usual descent from strange brew to the parking lot.

Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 7:53 Quote
husstler wrote:
Was exceptional at West Bragg today and yesterday. Good, skinny or fat, studded or not.

Rode Merlin, braggin rights, ranger, strange brew and a the usual descent from strange brew to the parking lot.

Thanks for intel..did the same yesterday and included Snowy Owl for the first time quite enjoyed something totally different at WBC and great way to mix rides up. Unfortunate its not rideable in summer.

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 9:46 Quote
Why isn't Snowy Owl rideable in summer?

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 11:31 Quote
Some of it is but quite a lot of it is across either marsh or just uncut trail so in the summer you can be weaving through grass divots that a bit of snow smooths out.

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 12:26 Quote
Why not reroute it past the bogs in the summer and clear away some of the brush? Mounting a few running chainsaws to the side of the Rokon ought to make pretty quick work of the project.

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2017 at 13:09 Quote
{Must not feed the troll Big Grin }

Posted: Mar 15, 2017 at 6:53 Quote
Anyone try riding over in the moose area last night - update? We rode snowy owl on monday night and it was awesome. Last night we rode ranger summit and strange brew - both were quite good with minimal soft spots and slop. I would say has one maybe two more days before its a disaster. Bottom of boundary ridge to the parking lot is all slop and slush. Don't ride it.

Not sure about the north side? I assume slop on bragging rights for sure.

Any updates from invermere, canmore, moose, etc. would be great.

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 5:34 Quote
Warm and rainy invermere area. Trails are slush, won't be long before it's all gone.

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 7:01 Quote
From last night in WBC we managed one more ride on snowy owl. It probably will last one more day, maybe. Everything else was ice, slop, and running water. It's over!

Let's for hope more warm weather and real bike season.

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 14:46 Quote
d-man wrote:
Warm and rainy invermere area. Trails are slush, won't be long before it's all gone.

Woo!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022486
Mobile Version of Website