Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 10:22 Quote
trees99 wrote:
Thinking of little/big elbow this wknd. Havent done since the flood, but hear this is now all doable and nice change. Anyone out there hit this of late? Any big reroutes that are not significantly marked? Just remember going down the shale after the climb (counter-clock) and taking a sharp left (after usually fixing a flat).

My wife and I did it two years ago. We travelled CC. The scenery was amazing. There are a few water crossings unless repairs have been made to the washed out bridges. They were ok to cross though. We had a little trouble navigating the trail in a few spots but, you look for the obvious foot/bike tire marks. My wife is not a serious rider so it took about 5.5 hrs with numerous stops to enjoy the views and refuel. Its one I'll go back and do again.

Happy trails!

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 13:11 Quote
trees99 wrote:
Thinking of little/big elbow this wknd. Havent done since the flood, but hear this is now all doable and nice change. Anyone out there hit this of late? Any big reroutes that are not significantly marked? Just remember going down the shale after the climb (counter-clock) and taking a sharp left (after usually fixing a flat).

Its all doable, and everything has been cleaned up and manicured, minus one missing bridge that at worst might mean wet feet. I rode CC as well. Some nice views, hadnt ridden for 10 years. I was pretty bored, and wishing the ride was over on the pancake flat ride back.

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 13:30 Quote
I know this doesn't quite fit this thread. But just in-case you know these thugs who made off with my bike send me a message. This was yesterday in Sundance at 4pm, right outside the doors of my office. Surveillance footage captured these guys getting set up to cut the lock on my bike. The bike in the photo is not mine. It was my old hardtail Rocky Mountain Fusion that i ride to work that they took.

And on a similar topic that does not belong here, if there are any bike thieves out there who can tell me a cable lock they can't cut through then likewise let me know.

Guys who stole my bike

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 14:09 Quote
brettkapcsos wrote:
I know this doesn't quite fit this thread. But just in-case you know these thugs who made off with my bike send me a message. This was yesterday in Sundance at 4pm, right outside the doors of my office. Surveillance footage captured these guys getting set up to cut the lock on my bike. The bike in the photo is not mine. It was my old hardtail Rocky Mountain Fusion that i ride to work that they took.

And on a similar topic that does not belong here, if there are any bike thieves out there who can tell me a cable lock they can't cut through then likewise let me know.

Guys who stole my bike

I'm pretty sure that's Steve Peat on the bike. Call Kathy Sessler and ask for it back.

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 20:26 Quote
employee7 wrote:
brettkapcsos wrote:

Guys who stole my bike

I'm pretty sure that's Steve Peat on the bike. Call Kathy Sessler and ask for it back.

Bunch O f&#ker$

Posted: Sep 6, 2017 at 21:04 Quote
Moose was super fun tonight. Was expecting brake bumps and rut but just found fast trails.

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 at 7:16 Quote
employee7 wrote:
Moose was super fun tonight. Was expecting brake bumps and rut but just found fast trails.

All the brake bumps are on the road..........pretty much the whole way.......

Posted: Sep 9, 2017 at 6:38 Quote
Woke up this morning at Kicking Horse. We were expecting on/off showers but it's POURING right now. Obviously, this rain is much needed.

The dirt should be awesome tomorrow.

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 11:39 Quote
Anybody been out on the trails since the rain and snow? The moose mountain web cam looks rather white.

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 14:45 Quote
SJdude wrote:
Anybody been out on the trails since the rain and snow? The moose mountain web cam looks rather white.

Rode some Allen Bill & Station Flats trails this morning and it was great. Some snow near the top but everything is so tamped down from the summer that bike tires weren't making a mark on anything. The only recent damage I found on the trails was in the form of hoof prints heading up Sugar Mama - I did my best to pack many of them back down while the ground was still a bit soft. Also very little in the way of standing water, minus the usual spots that always accumulate moisture.

That said, it started snowing as I was leaving and the rain started coming down hard on the Highway 66 drive out.

All in all, it was a really nice ride. Nice and cool, not many people.

Posted: Sep 15, 2017 at 17:49 Quote
Went out this afternoon, Boundary and Snagmore. The Elbow main trail was a little gooey, but my fatbike tires didn't make so much as a mark. The cattle did however leave plenty of tracks.

Boundary and Snagmore were in great shape, no problems there on any kind of bike.

Posted: Sep 16, 2017 at 8:00 Quote
Friday afterwork city ride:
Bowmont: prime throughout! Damp, but firm and fast- dare I say- "tacky".
12 Mile: a bit wetter, and here and there- a mysterious slippery brown substance. Still all good though.

Posted: Sep 16, 2017 at 18:28 Quote
Moose webcam looks pretty snowy, anyone been up Pneuma etc?

Posted: Sep 17, 2017 at 8:28 Quote
Road powder face prairie creek yesterday. Early in the morning frost firmed the trail, although made it abit slippery on the down hill. A few soft spots as the day warmed up. Also a few stuborn cattle.

Posted: Sep 17, 2017 at 10:40 Quote
Anyone out a wbc this weekend?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010582
Mobile Version of Website