Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Author Message
Posted: Sep 17, 2017 at 11:46 Quote
trees99 wrote:
Anyone out a wbc this weekend?

Merlin-LD lap yesterday with my sweetie. Trails in excellent condition, no dust, no mud. Another group saw a black bear sow and cub on LD.

Posted: Sep 17, 2017 at 21:33 Quote
brianl wrote:
Moose webcam looks pretty snowy, anyone been up Pneuma etc?
we did shuttle laps on 727 all day. Only a few corners were greasy and easy to avoid. Otherwise the dirt was perfect. At the start of special k there was a bit of snow in the trees, however we never rode the trail so I couldn't tell you about the rest of it. There was plenty of snow at alpine elevations on the surrounding mountains

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 5:59 Quote
Rode 7km south of driftwood parking lot on hi Rockies trail.

All good. Now snow. Nice flowy trail with little elevation gain. Great for groms.

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 7:32 Quote
fargle wrote:
trees99 wrote:
Anyone out a wbc this weekend?

Merlin-LD lap yesterday with my sweetie. Trails in excellent condition, no dust, no mud. Another group saw a black bear sow and cub on LD.

Saw the same black bear, on LD. She did not budge at all, ~15m off the trail. Trails were in great condition, not even very busy for a beautiful weekend.

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 9:40 Quote
Meto89 wrote:
fargle wrote:
trees99 wrote:
Anyone out a wbc this weekend?

Merlin-LD lap yesterday with my sweetie. Trails in excellent condition, no dust, no mud. Another group saw a black bear sow and cub on LD.

Saw the same black bear, on LD. She did not budge at all, ~15m off the trail. Trails were in great condition, not even very busy for a beautiful weekend.
I rode 2 laps of Ranger Summit/Strange Brew and it seemed pretty busy, including quite a few people biking and hiking *up* Strange Brew.

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 15:00 Quote
Monday ride, noonish.
Up FG- dry.
Down SHAFT- damp, firm, great!

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 11:33 Quote
So this isn't a trail condition report but has anyone Fat Biked at Nipika in the winter? The other half is planning a skiing trip there and wondering if it's worth making it a family trip where I fat bike as well.....

Posted: Sep 19, 2017 at 21:02 Quote
Moose was great tonight. Tdub and shaft were as fast as they get. Not a puddle in sight

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 7:10 Quote
Awesome ride last night in whiteout conditions. Snow on ground at Merlin, dust still underneath. Dinner plate flakes, going to be lots of snow before it is done.

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 7:19 Quote
brucie1 wrote:
Awesome ride last night in whiteout conditions. Snow on ground at Merlin, dust still underneath. Dinner plate flakes, going to be lots of snow before it is done.


What time was that at? Husky and Moose were all dry and no precip until dark. Seemed like everything went around.....

I see the wintergreen webcam only had a slight dusting last night.

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 7:26 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
brucie1 wrote:
Awesome ride last night in whiteout conditions. Snow on ground at Merlin, dust still underneath. Dinner plate flakes, going to be lots of snow before it is done.


What time was that at? Husky and Moose were all dry and no precip until dark. Seemed like everything went around.....

I see the wintergreen webcam only had a slight dusting last night.

Maybe 7:45 we left the parking lot with lights and it was just starting to drizzle, full on snow storm with snow sticking to trail by top.

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 7:31 Quote
brucie1 wrote:
kenny99 wrote:
brucie1 wrote:
Awesome ride last night in whiteout conditions. Snow on ground at Merlin, dust still underneath. Dinner plate flakes, going to be lots of snow before it is done.


What time was that at? Husky and Moose were all dry and no precip until dark. Seemed like everything went around.....

I see the wintergreen webcam only had a slight dusting last night.

Maybe 7:45 we left the parking lot with lights and it was just starting to drizzle, full on snow storm with snow sticking to trail by top.


Oh yeah ok. Yeah that's about the time the drive back to YYC was getting a little sporty. Wonder if they would ever consider a webcam in the big parking lot at WBC? People could see the conditions. Maybe that's a bad idea....I don't know. Moose webcam is sure nice. I usually look at the wintergreen one as well to get an idea.

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 at 7:47 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
brucie1 wrote:
kenny99 wrote:



What time was that at? Husky and Moose were all dry and no precip until dark. Seemed like everything went around.....

I see the wintergreen webcam only had a slight dusting last night.

Maybe 7:45 we left the parking lot with lights and it was just starting to drizzle, full on snow storm with snow sticking to trail by top.


Oh yeah ok. Yeah that's about the time the drive back to YYC was getting a little sporty. Wonder if they would ever consider a webcam in the big parking lot at WBC? People could see the conditions. Maybe that's a bad idea....I don't know. Moose webcam is sure nice. I usually look at the wintergreen one as well to get an idea.

I'm glad I didn't have a webcam to look at conditions. Last week we drove out and skipped the ride, not the post ride bevies thoughSmile


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008596
Mobile Version of Website