Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Oct 4, 2017 at 7:27 Quote
anyone find anything decent to ride to the west? Prospector Banff, etc....

I rode in eastlands last night. Pretty sporty with wet and slippery roots and a bit of snow. Could've fat biked if you wanted too. I went skinny and would continue to. Bowmont looked clear?

Posted: Oct 4, 2017 at 7:42 Quote
Was out at Moose last night. Shaft/Tdub side had 2 inches of snow but the JG/Toothless side looked patchy with some bare spots. Was +9 at sunset when I left. I would imagine toothless and JG should be OK by tonight.

Posted: Oct 4, 2017 at 10:19 Quote
employee7 wrote:
Was out at Moose last night. Shaft/Tdub side had 2 inches of snow but the JG/Toothless side looked patchy with some bare spots. Was +9 at sunset when I left. I would imagine toothless and JG should be OK by tonight.

thanks!!

Posted: Oct 5, 2017 at 13:42 Quote
Anyone hit up merlin since the snow?

Posted: Oct 5, 2017 at 15:11 Quote
trees99 wrote:
Anyone hit up merlin since the snow?

Road it yesterday and it was surprisingly dry with only a few wet spots

Posted: Oct 5, 2017 at 19:56 Quote
Toothless is pretty much epic hero dirt. We rode shoulda too and it's mint as well. Another guy we saw had ridden loamzilla and he said will be perfect by tomorrow. Go get it.

Posted: Oct 6, 2017 at 16:36 Quote
Rode Top Notch and Starwars/Return of the Jedi then Montane Traverse then Prospector today mid-day. All in great shape with no mud and even occasional dust. With todays winds I could see Razors being ready also.

Posted: Oct 6, 2017 at 18:37 Quote
Special K was great today, some tacky spots, mostly dry.

Posted: Oct 6, 2017 at 18:48 Quote
12 Mile Coulee flooded with leaves, still some mud underneath. Connected into Paskapoo, some wet spots, mostly dry.

Posted: Oct 8, 2017 at 16:22 Quote
Rode Sugar Momma and Daddy this afternoon. Dry when South / West facing. Otherwise up to 1 cm of wet snow. Strange brew was pretty wintery with snow packing rather than melting with tracks.

Went and checked out Husky trails, happy to see virtually no snow and perfect dirt.

Posted: Oct 12, 2017 at 13:34 Quote
Is this why we couldn't park at TW on Moose, because the film crews are busy fleecing the government to create a big tax loss? Super value to the local economy, employing the equivalent of a rope and traffic cones for a week vs. us god-fearing tax paying chumps. f*ck those hollywood pricks.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-film-grant-program-lost-1-2m-due-to-vague-guidelines-auditor-general-says-1.4351727?cmp=rss

Posted: Oct 12, 2017 at 14:31 Quote
tgreid wrote:
Is this why we couldn't park at TW on Moose, because the film crews are busy fleecing the government to create a big tax loss? Super value to the local economy, employing the equivalent of a rope and traffic cones for a week vs. us god-fearing tax paying chumps. f*ck those hollywood pricks.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-film-grant-program-lost-1-2m-due-to-vague-guidelines-auditor-general-says-1.4351727?cmp=rss

Sounds more like a government issue with "vague guidelines"

Movie productions spend big money in the communities they shoot in. Hotels, meals, transportation to name a few things.

Posted: Oct 12, 2017 at 14:43 Quote
Couple of inches of snow in Banff/Canmore. Any word on conditions in Invermere/Radium?

Posted: Oct 12, 2017 at 15:37 Quote
d-man wrote:
tgreid wrote:

Sounds more like a government issue with "vague guidelines"

Movie productions spend big money in the communities they shoot in. Hotels, meals, transportation to name a few things.

I would have to disagree on the basis of science:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/23594721?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

you might see a temporary local benefit in smaller communities, but overall big picture, net loss.

Posted: Oct 13, 2017 at 14:23 Quote
Would any riders on here who are are parents and have small children who ride or want to ride, be interested in answering a few questions? I am in need of a few people to interview/answer some questions for a school assignment.
thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009863
Mobile Version of Website