Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Jan 10, 2018 at 16:43 Quote
southernrockyflow wrote:
No offence but dude doesn’t need a speculative life lesson on a PB trail conditions forum after his whip just got stolen. What’s done is done at this point. Maybe leave it at “that sucks”, “sorry” and/or “I’ll keep my eye out”.

I’ve read a number of stories like this, one being a person having a 2017 Nomad stolen in exactly the same manner as the seller let the prospective buyer take it for a “ride around the block”. Prospective buyer left his phone, wallet and keys. Turns out keys were to nothing, phone screen was smashed and wallet was empty. Hope you get your bike back dude! Friend had his high end Trance stolen and police recovered it 3 weeks later so there is hope.

racerfacer wrote:
no offense but I'm not surprised someone meeting up to "buy" a bike ridden for a season and still priced at ~90% of full MSRP had no interest in actually paying for the bike.
lol thieves are getting creative. sell with a friend? I guess...

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2018 at 19:23 Quote
False wrote:
southernrockyflow wrote:
No offence but dude doesn’t need a speculative life lesson on a PB trail conditions forum after his whip just got stolen. What’s done is done at this point. Maybe leave it at “that sucks”, “sorry” and/or “I’ll keep my eye out”.

I’ve read a number of stories like this, one being a person having a 2017 Nomad stolen in exactly the same manner as the seller let the prospective buyer take it for a “ride around the block”. Prospective buyer left his phone, wallet and keys. Turns out keys were to nothing, phone screen was smashed and wallet was empty. Hope you get your bike back dude! Friend had his high end Trance stolen and police recovered it 3 weeks later so there is hope.

racerfacer wrote:
no offense but I'm not surprised someone meeting up to "buy" a bike ridden for a season and still priced at ~90% of full MSRP had no interest in actually paying for the bike.

And perhaps payment in hand before you let em test ride.

Posted: Jan 11, 2018 at 21:15 Quote
Views: 3,869    Faves: 25    Comments: 11

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 9:26 Quote
Fazeless wrote:
False wrote:
southernrockyflow wrote:

When it comes to selling big ticket items I always meet the buyer at a local Police station parking lot during day time hours only. No exceptions. This usually weeds out the scum of the earth. Most people understand why too. The honest ones anyways.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 14:30 Quote
joshua22 wrote:
Fazeless wrote:
False wrote:

When it comes to selling big ticket items I always meet the buyer at a local Police station parking lot during day time hours only. No exceptions. This usually weeds out the scum of the earth. Most people understand why too. The honest ones anyways.

Would of defiantly done a lot different, selling at the police station sounds like a good idea

Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 15:44 Quote
LoganKeen wrote:
joshua22 wrote:
Fazeless wrote:

Would of defiantly done a lot different, selling at the police station sounds like a good idea
hey, did you get a hold of that guy i sent you on ig?

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 at 19:17 Quote
Nice work gents

theflannelcrew wrote:
Views: 3,869    Faves: 25    Comments: 11

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 at 11:55 Quote
Fish Creek is MINT - McLeod to 37th - go get some!

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 at 12:22 Quote
Diamond T loop pretty good, almost all covered in footprints but not a bad ride at all. Excellent snow.

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 at 12:22 Quote
West Bragg crazy busy today. Parking lot full at noon when we left.

Braggin and Merlin were great though Merlin had quite a bit of rutted ice with light layer of snow on it.

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 at 13:16 Quote
False wrote:
LoganKeen wrote:
joshua22 wrote:

got the bike back last night police recovered it and locked him up!tup tup

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 at 14:06 Quote
Wow. Congrats. Don’t hear of that happening too often

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 at 14:59 Quote
LoganKeen wrote:
Hey everyone last night my bike was stolen it's a 2017 Norco range C7.1 I was selling it and the guy ran off. Has some pretty defining features, the rear triangle was warrantied and has only matte green paint, the cranks are miss matching drive side is Eagle X01 and non drive side is a truative noir. Also has a one up components edc top cap(I took out the tool) there is also all mountain style protection on it on the top tube, down tube and the back of the seat tube. If you see anything please let me or cps know. Thank you very much!❤❤

Is this your ad?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-mountain-bike/calgary/2017-norco-range-c7-1-new-bearings-recent-suspension-service/1324845256?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Ah just saw you got it back. Congrats!

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 at 16:33 Quote
LoganKeen wrote:
False wrote:
LoganKeen wrote:

got the bike back last night police recovered it and locked him up!tup tup

Awesome Logan, I was bummed to hear about the way it was taken and from who it was taken.

O+
Posted: Jan 14, 2018 at 11:30 Quote
rocketendo wrote:
LoganKeen wrote:
Hey everyone last night my bike was stolen it's a 2017 Norco range C7.1 I was selling it and the guy ran off. Has some pretty defining features, the rear triangle was warrantied and has only matte green paint, the cranks are miss matching drive side is Eagle X01 and non drive side is a truative noir. Also has a one up components edc top cap(I took out the tool) there is also all mountain style protection on it on the top tube, down tube and the back of the seat tube. If you see anything please let me or cps know. Thank you very much!❤❤

Is this your ad?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-mountain-bike/calgary/2017-norco-range-c7-1-new-bearings-recent-suspension-service/1324845256?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Ah just saw you got it back. Congrats!

yes it is!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024199
Mobile Version of Website