Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Apr 3, 2018 at 9:55 Quote
Anyone given Bowmont a shot lately? I drove by yesterday and it looked like a mix of ice and dirt. If you forgot what dirt is, it's the brown stuff under the snow and ice.

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 6:13 Quote
husstler wrote:
Anyone given Bowmont a shot lately? I drove by yesterday and it looked like a mix of ice and dirt. If you forgot what dirt is, it's the brown stuff under the snow and ice.

Walked the dog along the top several days ago and rode the paved path last week- and while from a distance the hillsides appear to be drying out, there is still a LOT of melting to go yet. More ice than anything else, and most of the "dirt" was really just refrozen mud. Ridable when frozen solid- maybe not that enjoyable though.

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 8:03 Quote
Sad to report that as of April 3rd both fat bike and xc ski conditions remain in full prime winter conditions. Any predictions on when we’ll be riding in dusty conditions out there this year?

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 8:19 Quote
April 17 2016, packers, Special K, Bobcat, Strange Brew was snow free and summer conditions. I dont think it will make it there this year by then.

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 8:47 Quote
It hasn't even started the melt phase back to ice then it's still another 2 weeks of studs on ice before the slush mud phase of 2 weeks . I said June 1 at start of season and it still Looks that way , sorry

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 10:33 Quote
We should start a pool. May long, anyone?

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 12:02 Quote
aka-bigsteve wrote:
husstler wrote:

Walked the dog along the top several days ago and rode the paved path last week- and while from a distance the hillsides appear to be drying out, there is still a LOT of melting to go yet. More ice than anything else, and most of the "dirt" was really just refrozen mud. Ridable when frozen solid- maybe not that enjoyable though.

Thanks. I will wait for a cold day or while away yet another few hours on Zwift.

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 at 16:36 Quote
Fish Creek was nice today. Creek ice path is still solid and 100% rideable between bridges 2-5.

Posted: Apr 9, 2018 at 11:43 Quote
Anyone hit up WBC today?

Posted: Apr 9, 2018 at 12:06 Quote
CNC is stellar for fatbiking right now. Dirt even makes the occasional appearance.

trees99 wrote:
Anyone hit up WBC today?

Was there on the weekend. Snow is absurdly deep at the top of some of those trails, but there are nicely packed channels throughout any of the more popular routes.

Posted: Apr 9, 2018 at 13:23 Quote
shlotch wrote:
CNC is stellar for fatbiking right now. Dirt even makes the occasional appearance.

trees99 wrote:
Anyone hit up WBC today?

Was there on the weekend. Snow is absurdly deep at the top of some of those trails, but there are nicely packed channels throughout any of the more popular routes.
Thanks for Recon...hoping this last week of fatbiking and we can get to reports of trails with some bite soon!

Posted: Apr 9, 2018 at 18:20 Quote
Survey of Bowmont and 12 Mile from a paved path ride this afternoon: given our usual April weather, it's looking like weeks until the bulk of these trails will be ready. Could be into May for 12 Mile.

Posted: Apr 9, 2018 at 20:30 Quote
Might have to start doing Edworthy hill repeats to work on the ol' fitness until things clear up more. Ugh.

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 8:04 Quote
FC fatty last night slushy and soft all over. Likely ice this am and more slop today...Id say stay away if you don't wont to hoof, slip, or push. Hopefully the melt bring dirt soon.

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 13:19 Quote
saskskier wrote:
Might have to start doing Edworthy hill repeats to work on the ol' fitness until things clear up more. Ugh.

No need to get fit....mountain mopeds are the future!

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009358
Mobile Version of Website