Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Oct 11, 2018 at 8:37 Quote
fstfrd15 wrote:
What did you ride in Inveremere?

High roller and kloosifer

Posted: Oct 14, 2018 at 8:54 Quote
Any recon for west bragg? IS it mud bowl, fat bike ready? The fish creek loop-car wash routine is getting old ;(.

Posted: Oct 14, 2018 at 9:23 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
husstler wrote:
I'd accept some mixed ice and dirt at this point.

There's some of that in Fernie. Swine flu is decent. Hyper is so so. Mixed bag. Whitefish is all dirt and awesome!! If you're willing to go that far. It's fall weather there. +10 and sunny.

All the snow is gone in Fernie and it's all time conditions right now if you're looking for a place to ride!

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 at 6:14 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
kenny99 wrote:
husstler wrote:
I'd accept some mixed ice and dirt at this point.

There's some of that in Fernie. Swine flu is decent. Hyper is so so. Mixed bag. Whitefish is all dirt and awesome!! If you're willing to go that far. It's fall weather there. +10 and sunny.

All the snow is gone in Fernie and it's all time conditions right now if you're looking for a place to ride!

Fernie is dry? can't be.

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 at 7:09 Quote
Dlakusta wrote:
kenny99 wrote:
kenny99 wrote:

Fernie is dry? can't be.

It was better than perfect on saturday (except maybe the Mt Fernie stuff we didn't go over there). There was a bit of rain/wet snow up high late saturday and some frost sunday morning so the trails got a bit greasier. Week looks good though.

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 at 7:13 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
Dlakusta wrote:
kenny99 wrote:

Fernie is dry? can't be.

It was better than perfect on saturday (except maybe the Mt Fernie stuff we didn't go over there). There was a bit of rain/wet snow up high late saturday and some frost sunday morning so the trails got a bit greasier. Week looks good though.

Thanks for the info! I'm going this weekend!

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 at 7:19 Quote
Dlakusta wrote:
kenny99 wrote:
Dlakusta wrote:

Fernie is dry? can't be.

Thanks for the info! I'm going this weekend!

It should be awesome as long as weather forecast stays put!! Swine, HyperX, Today's Special, Contra, and those aspects should be great. Not sure about Mt Fernie area and I think? ridgemont is closing soon....

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 at 9:09 Quote
I rode Mt Fernie (and Swine Flu) Friday.

Dem Bones: Perfect
Mushroom: Perfect
Lactic Ridge: A bit of snow, maybe 1cm deep covering 20% of the trail. No mud.
Traverse: Dry, Rideable, a few meters of snow.
Slunt: Didnt expect it, but as soon as you get to the sign, the trail was mostly snow covered. A few hundred meters of snow, then just slick roots etc.
Brokeback: A bit slick up top. Hero below power-line.

Project 9: Road climb all mint. A touch of slush for the small bit of single-track climbing at the top. A couple slick roots for the first couple turns, then mint all the way.

Bike was clean no mud, just some wet needle accumulation.

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 at 9:34 Quote
trees99 wrote:
Any recon for west bragg? IS it mud bowl, fat bike ready? The fish creek loop-car wash routine is getting old ;(.
Answering my own inquiry...Fatty ride: rode bragging to Merlin in trees was ok, but Merlin down was soup early day so likely got worse as day went on...went up Ranger to the cross over to Snowy North, soft conditions and not hard packed...lamed up and turned back down ranger...north side should dry up for skinnys if forecasts stay true, was quite a bit of snow up there..

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 at 15:42 Quote
Brought some warm sun home for you suffering Calgarians, from my Utah- Arizona desert sojourn. Sounds like I picked a good two weeks to be away!
At 14:00 hrs- Bowmont mostly in very good shape, with a few minor puddles and sloppy bits. Twelve mile running at over 80% on the main east side trail- still some areas of wetness, and sticky PB and jam. All those formerly annoying little puddles were non-existent- the September drainage work paid off! In another day it should be good throughout other than a couple of very shaded spots that still held packed snow this afternoon. The escarpment trail was pretty much totally dry.

Posted: Oct 17, 2018 at 18:55 Quote
Many riders out in Bowmont this eve, enjoying the fast conditions on prime dry hardpack.
12 Mile 95% good on both the east and west side trails, with just a few short sections of slime.

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 at 10:16 Quote
Anybody been through the Eastlands lately? Wondering if its dried up in there yet.

Thanks!

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 at 10:27 Quote
Is west Bragg hopeless?

I have a new baby, cabin fever, and in-laws coming to help this afternoon. This is my chance to get riding.

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 at 10:47 Quote
Eastlands 95% dry. Go ride.

Posted: Oct 19, 2018 at 7:42 Quote
Revelstoke has hero dirt. Boulder is amazing right now.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009408
Mobile Version of Website