Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Mar 1, 2019 at 23:14 Quote
I am debating a DH of Bowmont and 12 mile with 1.8 studs on the edges and looking for advice from those in the know who aren't out skiing

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2019 at 2:42 Quote
I was at East Bowmont during the day Thursday, and the well defined tracks should be rideable on normal skinny studs. The current super cold weather should help keep the snow compacted and firm. Wouldn’t consider anything but a fatty on the less used trails.

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2019 at 14:38 Quote
Mixed bag in Eastlands last night. The snows still soft and so the edges are treacherous but the main through fares have seen enough traffic to be rideable. Steeper sections too loose to climb up.

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 0:21 Quote
Trails in Sedona are mint right now. Just say n

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 6:52 Quote
WBC is pretty good conditions for the fats. Braggin rights is good and packed. Merlin descent is a little narrow and a little bit of sugar. Looked like blitzkrieg with all the bomb holes. Must've been some epic crashes recently lol

Lots of snow out there that needs to melt before we can get real riding. Sedona or Utah it is I'd say

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2019 at 16:38 Quote
Trail update: Moose is snowy but the wood inside of B-Line is always primo.

We're having a throwback movie night and race. Relive those glory days, shred some bikes, and have a good time. March 15th, 6 - 10 pm at B-Line Bike Park.

$5 entry for the movie and race. $20 Day passes for MMBTS Members.

Hope to see you there!

THROWBACK MOVIE NIGHT

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 12:28 Quote
12 Mile this morning. Spring condition-crunchy firm snow mostly, with some rugged refrozen slush, and ice.
Enjoyable riding, studs recommended.

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
What a difference a week makes in Eastlands. Mostly grippy trails and much firmer than last week. The odd spot of freeze thaw ice and even some slush in a couple of places as well. I rode studded fat but I think trails firm enough in general that studs alone would be fine.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 9:44 Quote
sweaman2 wrote:
What a difference a week makes in Eastlands. Mostly grippy trails and much firmer than last week. The odd spot of freeze thaw ice and even some slush in a couple of places as well. I rode studded fat but I think trails firm enough in general that studs alone would be fine.

and one sweet off camber death ice flow lol

Tread lightly on that one

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 10:06 Quote
I suspect I know where that is (it's there most years) so I made a conscious decision to avoid it....

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 9:31 Quote
JUNE 1ST-2ND is the 3rd Annual Baseline Mountain Biking Club - BMTBC Poker Rally so mark your Calendars! Entry fee of $30 will include club membership, stickers and chances to Win lots sick prizes from Wipe-Out Ski and Bike, Wheeler's Bicycle Repair and Revolution Cycle

Tamarack Jack's Honey and Meadery will be on site with all their glorious Mead and products.

There is tons of free Camping in and around the area, so bring the Family and make a weekend full of fun. Stay tuned for tons more info and surprises to be released as we get closer to the date

DIG THE STOKE AND BURY THE HATE

Baseline Poker Rally 2019 Saturday June 1st

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 13:33 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
sweaman2 wrote:

and one sweet off camber death ice flow lol

Tread lightly on that one

No wonder that most have been bypassing that section of Beaver Fever! I made it most of the way across the ice this morning before losing the line and ending up propped between two trees at the margin lol I encountered a couple other ice flows that were not an issue with studs. Generally good conditions for skinnies , as of noon, with lots of firm snow but also more springlike conditions developing in exposed areas.

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 18:26 Quote
West Bragg early this morning was still reasonable on fat bike. Boundary, snowy owl, old shell road, bragging, reconnect, demi tel, snowshoe hare. Exposed areas had some post holing from drifted snow and it certainly got softer but start early and you might be okay....

No real grooves on the trails above but if people rode it later in the day things might have changed.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2019 at 8:40 Quote

I saw the signs out there last week and was curious. Won’t it be in the way of that groomed XC ski loop or am I thinking of the wrong spot?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021620
Mobile Version of Website