Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2019 at 17:58 Quote
Better late than never!

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 8:17 Quote
Anyone see any dirt out there? What's happening in Invermere?

O+
Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 8:42 Quote
CVCS just posted that it's alot of snow still and awhile away from dirt ride

Posted: Mar 18, 2019 at 8:56 Quote
jmercier wrote:

k thanks. Figured so.

Will stick to spring skiing for now and some Utah goodness soon tup

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 15:46 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
jmercier wrote:

k thanks. Figured so.

Will stick to spring skiing for now and some Utah goodness soon tup

Saw some dude's Instagram stories of hiking up Swansea.

It's looking like 2 weeks out for riding 2k.

Bring on the sun! The return to Swantanamo bay is imminent.

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 18:27 Quote
Took my road bike past the Moose road on 66 and was almost sure I saw bikes near the bottom. Is Anything rideable or are they nuts?

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 18:29 Quote
husstler wrote:

I saw the signs out there last week and was curious. Won’t it be in the way of that groomed XC ski loop or am I thinking of the wrong spot?

How'd this go tonight? Hoped to make it out but other things hindered the trip over.......I had a question I wanted to ask about the long term maintenance plan for the park. My experience with these parks has led me to be very less than optimistic when it comes to this kind of work. With the CMBA having one park that is incomplete and in disrepair already, I'm unclear how 2 can be managed adequately. Was there any discussion about upkeep? Don't get me wrong, I think its great its happening and I will definitely use this park while it is fresh and in safe shape with the school program I run but it's a complete waste of time, money and energy if it ends up like any of the other parks I've seen over the years......

CM!

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 19:04 Quote
Cro-Mag wrote:
husstler wrote:

I saw the signs out there last week and was curious. Won’t it be in the way of that groomed XC ski loop or am I thinking of the wrong spot?

How'd this go tonight? Hoped to make it out but other things hindered the trip over.......I had a question I wanted to ask about the long term maintenance plan for the park. My experience with these parks has led me to be very less than optimistic when it comes to this kind of work. With the CMBA having one park that is incomplete and in disrepair already, I'm unclear how 2 can be managed adequately. Was there any discussion about upkeep? Don't get me wrong, I think its great its happening and I will definitely use this park while it is fresh and in safe shape with the school program I run but it's a complete waste of time, money and energy if it ends up like any of the other parks I've seen over the years......

That was my thoughts too with the Deer Run park, its pretty beaten up and doesn't get any love. Hopefully something like a velosolutions style asphalt track could be a good solution to the maintenance issue at least for a pump track.

CM!

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 at 19:09 Quote
VPS13 wrote:
Cro-Mag wrote:
husstler wrote:

That was my thoughts too with the Deer Run park, its pretty beaten up and doesn't get any love. Hopefully something like a velosolutions style asphalt track could be a good solution to the maintenance issue at least for a pump track.

CM!

It looks like the tarmack pump track piece is one part of their plan, but assfault needs maintenance too and its much more costly to repair........the park looks like its planned to have lots of dirt too.......just can't see this vision lasting unless there is a plan......which seems to be the weak part of bike park development during my 20yrs in the business........

CM!

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2019 at 15:25 Quote
Any updates inside the city? Nose Hill, Bowmont, and Eastlands in particular.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 at 13:46 Quote
Cro-Mag wrote:
husstler wrote:

CM!

I didn't make it out as I ended up having to work late and it was over by then, hopefully there is some sort of yearly budget for maintenance.

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 at 19:25 Quote
Fazeless wrote:

I cruised over to Eastlands tonight after a little urban cruise on the “real” bike. Still saw a little bit of ice and snow and the dirt was mostly all mud so I think it will be a bit yet. But not too far away.

Anyone see anything else noteworthy?

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 6:11 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
Fazeless wrote:

I cruised over to Eastlands tonight after a little urban cruise on the “real” bike. Still saw a little bit of ice and snow and the dirt was mostly all mud so I think it will be a bit yet. But not too far away.

Bowmont and Tuscany zones were showing isolated segments of dry trail on the most exposed hillsides yesterday eve, as observed from a paved path ride, but overall, they are nowhere near ready yet.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 9:32 Quote
aka-bigsteve wrote:
kenny99 wrote:
Fazeless wrote:

Bowmont and Tuscany zones were showing isolated segments of dry trail on the most exposed hillsides yesterday eve, as observed from a paved path ride, but overall, they are nowhere near ready yet.

I would agree with this. Bowmont had the consistency of peanut butter when I saw it.

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
husstler wrote:
aka-bigsteve wrote:
kenny99 wrote:

I would agree with this. Bowmont had the consistency of peanut butter when I saw it.

Yes I stopped at the top of the hill off the pavement and looked down. Peanut butter (sticky) was about what I saw and further down I could see some snow and ice slabs. Somebody had ripped down there on their bike.....I'm sure they made a mess and had fun cleaning their bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035166
Mobile Version of Website