Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 12:36 Quote
Any guessimates on Swansea full dirt shreds ?

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 12:46 Quote
Silliker269 wrote:
Hey no talk of areas outside Alberta here

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
Silliker269 wrote:

I’m out here for spring break and there is nothing to ride. This is the latest start for Invermere that I can ever remember.

I’m guessing 2k at Swansea may be ready by easter.

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 8:20 Quote
jackhennigan wrote:
Silliker269 wrote:

I’m out here for spring break and there is nothing to ride. This is the latest start for Invermere that I can ever remember.

I’m guessing 2k at Swansea may be ready by easter.

Thanks Jack

Posted: Mar 29, 2019 at 7:26 Quote
d-man wrote:
Silliker269 wrote:
Hey no talk of areas outside Alberta here

I know a guy that rides out there, he has been posting pictures. Mostly clear from what I see, but I think they are entering their "mud" phase and are kindly asking people to stay off the trails until they are dry. Likely a couple weeks away.

Posted: Mar 29, 2019 at 11:56 Quote
Just did a lap up / down Moose road. That wasn't initial plan but conditions.... Couple of inches of snow at least above Billy dog and plenty even below there as well.

Posted: Mar 29, 2019 at 14:16 Quote
Golden - Cedar lake loop still fatbikeable early am - maybe for another week if lucky.

Probably Easter before anything else drys out. Lots of snow and muck CBT & 7/shadows.

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 12:47 Quote
Bowmont at noon: While not completely good to go- with some care and forethought, and a willingness to take to the asphalt or walk in a few spots- a loop from end to end on 70% dirt is doable without any damage to trails, or bike.

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 13:45 Quote
aka-bigsteve wrote:
Bowmont at noon: While not completely good to go- with some care and forethought, and a willingness to take to the asphalt or walk in a few spots- a loop from end to end on 70% dirt is doable without any damage to trails, or bike.

This is good to know. I’m suffering withdrawal.

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
I know it isn't a dirt trail but we did a lap of Legacy to Banff from Canmore return today. Maybe 200m of snow/ice and lots of gravel when close to highway but good to go for early season base miles. Rode a cross bike with 30c tires. A beautiful day in the mountains.

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
If anyone is looking to upgrade their forks:

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/fox-suspension-36-float-performance-elite-3-pos-forks-2018/rp-prod183263

Just got mine, $613 shipped (less $20 first time discount). Epic.

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 18:55 Quote
Bowmont afterwork, 95% good to go. Crocus are popping here and there, and Sideshow is dusty already, other than a sloppy patch in the woods below the dirt jumps (easily bypassed or walked). Yes, that's my vintage 2006 Heckler out for a test ride, as I have been refurbishing it, with the idea of flogging it on the buy and sell as I hadn't ridden it for nearly 3 years. Or maybe not- it's still a fun ride!
Spring riding season is here

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 19:03 Quote
Even the valley? (I'm sure it has a better name than that but the cut in).

Edit: Silver springs ravine per trailforks.

Posted: Apr 1, 2019 at 19:57 Quote
sweaman2 wrote:
Even the valley? (I'm sure it has a better name than that but the cut in).

Edit: Silver springs ravine per trailforks.

I assume that you are talking about Waterfall Valley, the one with stairs and a boardwalk? (there are some small cascades near the river, where springs tumble down a short rock face.) Yes- dry except for a less than 10m long stretch that is easy to walk around, but unfortunately some have been riding through, chewing up and widening the trail.

Posted: Apr 2, 2019 at 20:22 Quote
aka-bigsteve wrote:
Bowmont afterwork, 95% good to go. Crocus are popping here and there, and Sideshow is dusty already, other than a sloppy patch in the woods below the dirt jumps (easily bypassed or walked). Yes, that's my vintage 2006 Heckler out for a test ride, as I have been refurbishing it, with the idea of flogging it on the buy and sell as I hadn't ridden it for nearly 3 years. Or maybe not- it's still a fun ride!
Spring riding season is here

I had a heckler for almost 8 years, amazing bikes, especially if you just want to ride!

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020391
Mobile Version of Website