Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Apr 17, 2019 at 10:44 Quote
Was given intel in the parking lot last night that FG and toothless were pretty good and not muddy at all.

We had gone out to ride shoulda on PM as we were told it was GTG (different forum). Unfortunately I disagree with the report. It was still kind of wet. Maybe half of it was GTG. I'd give it 3-4 more days IMO.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 5:34 Quote
rode Fish Creek last night and it was good. A few soft spots but majority was really good. I did not ride any single track from Shannon terrace to Bebo grove so I don't know how it is on the north side single track.

One point to note, I did see the Game warden twice, in his big truck driving around on the paved section. I wonder if they are looking for poachers, booze or people walking their dogs without a leash?

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 7:26 Quote
kenny99 wrote:

We had gone out to ride shoulda on PM as we were told it was GTG (different forum). Unfortunately I disagree with the report. It was still kind of wet. Maybe half of it was GTG. I'd give it 3-4 more days IMO.

Thanks Kenny. Was thinking of those trail(s) for today. Guess maybe I'll just do my usual "spring training" ride that takes in pretty much all of the Bowmont trails, which are in perfect shape.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 8:09 Quote
That "Other" forum is already lite up with merlin G2G and only kinda wet reports , the mass hoards of merlinistas are itching to lay claim to first ride out instas and " high five bra " season starter .

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 8:26 Quote
jmercier wrote:
That "Other" forum is already lite up with merlin G2G and only kinda wet reports , the mass hoards of merlinistas are itching to lay claim to first ride out instas and " high five bra " season starter .
Looks like we're set to get a decent amount of rain tomorrow so hopefully they aren't too excited to pose their bikes at the bench (which I definitely do, all the time)

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 16:47 Quote
Rode up FG today and hit up Billy dog and Toothless. GTG. Happy trails, and shred hard

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 21:10 Quote
Jean Guy 95% dry. Watch the few icy patches on the roll in from the top.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 at 21:46 Quote
jerome wrote:
rode Fish Creek last night and it was good. A few soft spots but majority was really good. I did not ride any single track from Shannon terrace to Bebo grove so I don't know how it is on the north side single track.

One point to note, I did see the Game warden twice, in his big truck driving around on the paved section. I wonder if they are looking for poachers, booze or people walking their dogs without a leash?

People poach in fish creek park?

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 8:39 Quote
VPS13 wrote:
jerome wrote:

I could see people poaching fish out of the creek. Hunting in the park is definitely going to get you in a world of hurt. It's also that time of year where teenagers decide to light hills on fire so

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 8:56 Quote
SpecializedFTW wrote:
VPS13 wrote:
jerome wrote:

I could see people poaching fish out of the creek. Hunting in the park is definitely going to get you in a world of hurt. It's also that time of year where teenagers decide to light hills on fire so

You can fish in Fish Creek. I ride down there fairly often in the evenings once the kids are in bed and always see them driving around. I must be part their nightly patrol. 2 years ago I saw some CPS officers riding their horses on the single track doing who knows what.

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
Pretty sure Fish Creek fishing is closed til mid-June (http://albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/es1.html)

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 12:22 Quote
Family Guy up and down this morning with the kids. Great conditions. Spitting rain on the descent at 1pm and another rider who came down as we climbed said it was wet snow up top

Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 23:27 Quote
seanondemand wrote:
Pretty sure Fish Creek fishing is closed til mid-June (http://albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/es1.html)

You're correct, June 16 is when basically everything else opens up again for the summer.

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 15:28 Quote
Tuesday afternoon ride:
Bowmont- Almost completely dry. Fast hardpack, or dusty.
Paskapoo- Excellent overall. A few minor wet spots. Avoid the perennially wet lower Judo Fish. (or is it Boardwalk?)
12 Mile- Still soft and wet for 100m above and below the "glacier" crossing. Otherwise very good.

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 7:24 Quote
FG is great from the Billy Dog entrance down, as is Billy Dog, toothless, and shoulda is great too (except one short spot near the top) and the very bottom along the road.

Lots of road climbers out the last few nights. Life is good Beer

I 'heard' prospector is good as well?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.016127
Mobile Version of Website