Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
O+
Posted: May 12, 2019 at 17:21 Quote
brucie1 wrote:
I thought the parking was closed but you can still access the trails.

Yep, that seems right. Parking closed until June 28th (according to posted signage) but you can park across the highway or in the ditch.

Lots of cars and hikers out today. I was with the missus so didn't get a chance to hike up Prairie View, but we went for a walk around the lake and it was very dry.

O+
Posted: May 13, 2019 at 10:59 Quote
Anyone been on t-tub recently?

O+
Posted: May 13, 2019 at 13:02 Quote
rocketendo wrote:
Anyone been on t-tub recently?
No direct intel but snow line Saturday aft was to the bottom of the meadow.

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 14:49 Quote
Hoping to shuttle Martha Creek on June 7 or 8th. Any educated guesses as to whether this will be doable based on snowpack/melt?

O+
Posted: May 13, 2019 at 17:40 Quote
Re: Martha Creek. Unlikely to be all the way to the top I'd have thought but wandering wheels or a bike shop in revy would be know better.

O+
Posted: May 13, 2019 at 19:53 Quote
TimSnook wrote:
Hoping to shuttle Martha Creek on June 7 or 8th. Any educated guesses as to whether this will be doable based on snowpack/melt?

That is still pretty early for higher elevation riding in the Selkirks and Monashees, but the snowpack was notably below average in many locales in BC this past winter, so that should work in your favour. Check with the locals a bit closer to your dates (and report back!) Maybe there is a forum thread more relevant to conditions there? As Calgary is 3 big mountain ranges to the east of Martha

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 7:00 Quote
FG is all great from the toothless entrance down! I'm sure Billy D and Toothless must be close as well. Will update tomorrow unless someone was on it last night? Not many were out.

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 7:03 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
FG is all great from the toothless entrance down! I'm sure Billy D and Toothless must be close as well. Will update tomorrow unless someone was on it last night? Not many were out.

There was a report last night that toothless is good to go. Tdub snow line extends down to the meadow

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 7:40 Quote
Toothless is perfect. I imagine JG would be good as well

O+
Posted: May 14, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
JG was a bit slick yesterday, but fun and fast. Creek's dry too.

When does the gate open?

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 10:03 Quote
Today, I believe.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 17:53 Quote
aka-bigsteve wrote:
TimSnook wrote:

That is still pretty early for higher elevation riding in the Selkirks and Monashees, but the snowpack was notably below average in many locales in BC this past winter, so that should work in your favour. Check with the locals a bit closer to your dates (and report back!) Maybe there is a forum thread more relevant to conditions there? As Calgary is 3 big mountain ranges to the east of Martha

Thanks, I did a search, but I'll throw this into the Kelowna forum, too. A friend and I are doing a few weeks through Fernie, Canmore, Revelstoke and Castlegar. area. First timers.

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 17:49 Quote
Not a trail report, but I wish it was.

Some of you may know Brian Gresl. His family is looking for him, so if you know, or hear, anything, please notify Calgary Police Services or Crimestoppers.

https://newsroom.calgary.ca/seeking-public-assistance---missing-person---gresl/

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 21:35 Quote
west Bragg some mud bogs the rest really dry.

O+
Posted: May 28, 2019 at 22:04 Quote
shenyyc wrote:
west Bragg some mud bogs the rest really dry.

I would agree with this.

Sugar daddy and mama were great. There was the odd hopeless mud pit on strange brew and the water bars on elbow valley were bad, but otherwise lovely.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026005
Mobile Version of Website