Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 18:22 Quote
aka-bigsteve wrote:
Cro-Mag wrote:

Bunch of office chair folks.....seat goes up.....seat goes down......

CM!

Our resident curmudgeon has spoken! 26 4 lyf also? Truth be told though- I’m not running a dropper currently. Too much bother for the small amount of use.

Yes definately still 26 on all the bikes....for life.....I dont subscribe to teenage texting....200 plus dollar seat posts have never interested me.....

CM!

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 20:20 Quote
sweaman2 wrote:
Looks like 130mm+ at Cox hill in last 48hours.

On the radar. If the rain is heavy enough is it possible that the radar just isn't seeing through the storm? (No idea on the physics of this).

I wondered about that also. But- looking at the Bow Valley PP data-15 mm accumulated in 48 hours vs something like 35 in Canmore, and over 90 for Elbow Valley and Jumpingpound sites.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
Prospector this morning was primo

Ended up doing two laps because it was so much fun

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 20:33 Quote
Hey all any recommendations on the best place to buy bike parts?

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 23:16 Quote
rocketendo wrote:
Hey all any recommendations on the best place to buy bike parts?

Best source: Me! I have a garage full of new and used parts I should sell!

Local: Bow and Ridley's have been good to me in the past few years. Both - especially Ridley's - will heavily discount clearance items if you're not looking for a highly specific item.

Online: Jenson and Competitive Cyclist have great customer service. On-One / Planet X has great prices and absurdly good sales, but beware of quirky shipping rates that jump unexpectedly based on price, item count, weight, and/or volume.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 4:11 Quote
tbsbikeparts.com doesn’t have the largest selection, but if they have what you need, their prices are great. Plus, they’re Canadian (Kelowna).

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 12:38 Quote
Stay away from most of Edworthy. Needs a few days of wind and no rain to dry out.
East side is under water...
Bowmont was as good as it gets today. Dry and fun for a quick morning blast.
With the condition of Edworthy, didn't try east slopes. Might be similar in the low shady places.

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 21:42 Quote
If anyone has a portable handsaw there is a small tree across Long Distance north - just north of the cutblock on the north end. that and a couple sharp ended branches sticking partway onto the trail up that way as well. The trail itself was in great riding condition this AM.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 20:43 Quote
Anyone at WBC in the last day or so? Trail forks doesn’t have any super recent updates

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 21:03 Quote
damnedvillain wrote:
Anyone at WBC in the last day or so? Trail forks doesn’t have any super recent updates

Its summery.....there are birds foxes and squirrels near or in the trails.....you might see an ebike....dont judge.....you might encounter a fallen tree......remove it....there may be some puddles.....splash though them and smile even if there is cow shit....you may have sunshine, hail, rain or snow......be prepared.....bring beer and snacks and you will have a good day......

CM!

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 23:57 Quote
damnedvillain wrote:
Been working out there since the spring and this is the wettest I’ve ever seen the trails (Over 400 mm of rain in the area since May!). Please stay off them as they’re going to need at least a week (probably more) of dry weather to improve things. The GBCTA website has an update as of yesterday.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 0:27 Quote
OldSkuhl wrote:
The GBCTA website has an update as of yesterday.

https://www.braggcreektrails.org/report/

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 10:16 Quote
Thanks to both for the website...when google (or the searcher) fails ????

Hope there is one day this summer that it is usable so I can enjoy those snacks and beer.

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 4:50 Quote
CNC trails, perfect. Tacky, 1 puddle, go get it.

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 6:50 Quote
Fine conditions at moose for an early Thursday evening ride. Riverview-elbow-familyguy-shaft.
2 bears spotted by others along the road, up from Ings.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016620
Mobile Version of Website