Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 8:59 Quote
Are dirt bikes/trial bikes allowed on prospector? Came across a few the other night. I'm assuming NO but we didn't say anything as didn't feel it was our place. Maybe it was some locals that work on the trail for all we know......

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 20:26 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
Are dirt bikes/trial bikes allowed on prospector? Came across a few the other night. I'm assuming NO but we didn't say anything as didn't feel it was our place. Maybe it was some locals that work on the trail for all we know......

The surviving builders do use motos to access the trail. If they were being respectful my guess is a bit of a maintenance mission.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
kenny99 wrote:

The surviving builders do use motos to access the trail. If they were being respectful my guess is a bit of a maintenance mission.

Yup. I'd say very respectful

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 6:14 Quote
kenny99 wrote:

Only allowed in designated areas within Public Land Use Zones. Don't think Prospector is one of those designated areas, but builders using motos for access seems reasonable to me.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 17:22 Quote
Mid afternoon Powderface Ridge- Fun riding with very good conditions, seemed less rubbly than usual on the grind up and on the final descent. Backside has the usual couple of short damp spots, but otherwise firm and tacky. Road was riding fast and smooth for the most part, but recent grading has made for some stretches of tedious loose gravel.
Light rain falling along 66 as I headed home, don't think it will amount to much.

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 21:40 Quote
Rode Part of Pneuma today. A bunch of trees have been removed making the trail wider and easier to ride, but not as engaging as it was before. Was that done by MMBTS?

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 23:27 Quote
toowheeler wrote:
Rode Part of Pneuma today. A bunch of trees have been removed making the trail wider and easier to ride, but not as engaging as it was before. Was that done by MMBTS?

Glad to hear it. The only engaging thing about Pneuma was the ends of my bar engaging with the trees and I can do without that.

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 6:15 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
toowheeler wrote:

Glad to hear it. The only engaging thing about Pneuma was the ends of my bar engaging with the trees and I can do without that.

Amen, preach!

O+
Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
toowheeler wrote:

You need some narrow "Old School" bars! Wink

Anyone out at Mooseduro?
Wanted to head out to spectate but had too much going on.

Posted: Sep 24, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
billbek wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
toowheeler wrote:

You need some narrow "Old School" bars! Wink

Anyone out at Mooseduro?
Wanted to head out to spectate but had too much going on.

Everything in the Mooseduro course was in good shape, near perfect dirt, except for tom snow over to moosepackers, that was a bog a lot of the way.

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 6:56 Quote
Risen from the dead! Meaning this thread, not me.
Had only a few hours free yesterday afternoon, enough for a great ride with perfect conditions, taking in....
Bowmont
photo
Paskapoo
photo
12 Mile
photo

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
Fantastic photos, Steve - thank you for posting them! The first one is now my desktop wallpaper!

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
The grooming was completed by the original visionary with support from MMBTS to evolve the trail for wider bars and trends in todays bike preferences.
toowheeler wrote:

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 14:22 Quote
Bit of light hail mixed with rain at Moose a few hours ago, was 4 degrees when I left the parking lot Blank Stare

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
Hot and sunny in Moab region this past week, and for the next as well. Come on down!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.076023
Mobile Version of Website