Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 8:59 Quote
Are dirt bikes/trial bikes allowed on prospector? Came across a few the other night. I'm assuming NO but we didn't say anything as didn't feel it was our place. Maybe it was some locals that work on the trail for all we know......

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 20:26 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
Are dirt bikes/trial bikes allowed on prospector? Came across a few the other night. I'm assuming NO but we didn't say anything as didn't feel it was our place. Maybe it was some locals that work on the trail for all we know......

The surviving builders do use motos to access the trail. If they were being respectful my guess is a bit of a maintenance mission.

Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
kenny99 wrote:

The surviving builders do use motos to access the trail. If they were being respectful my guess is a bit of a maintenance mission.

Yup. I'd say very respectful

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 6:14 Quote
kenny99 wrote:

Only allowed in designated areas within Public Land Use Zones. Don't think Prospector is one of those designated areas, but builders using motos for access seems reasonable to me.

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 17:22 Quote
Mid afternoon Powderface Ridge- Fun riding with very good conditions, seemed less rubbly than usual on the grind up and on the final descent. Backside has the usual couple of short damp spots, but otherwise firm and tacky. Road was riding fast and smooth for the most part, but recent grading has made for some stretches of tedious loose gravel.
Light rain falling along 66 as I headed home, don't think it will amount to much.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016846
Mobile Version of Website