Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
| Next Page
Posted: Dec 10, 2019 at 22:21 Quote
So many fat bikes going so slow in WBC today.....wondered if any fat bikers even have jobs......

CM!

Posted: Dec 11, 2019 at 5:16 Quote
Cro-Mag wrote:
So many fat bikes going so slow in WBC today.....wondered if any fat bikers even have jobs......

CM!

Lol, that is exactly the way I ride a fat bike. It shouldn't be called Farley. Perhaps Slomo would be a better description.
Fun though...

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 7:31 Quote
"Sounds sick bro! We love to rip it up that what bikes are all about!

CM!"

"So many fat bikes going so slow in WBC today.....wondered if any fat bikers even have jobs......

CM!"

Good try at riling things up, CM.
No one seems to be taking the bait though. Fatbikers just too lethargic I guess. Either that, or you're losing your touchBig Grin
Been focussing on skiing as per usual, 12 Mile has been riding nicely on skinnies though.

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 10:21 Quote
Bring a bike and a set of skiis to West Bragg Creek in the last few weeks and you will work less and enjoy moreSalute Pair of shoes to if you want to try winter funathaloning. Snowshoes are what I see a lot of but just don't quit understand given the options......too much work.....

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 11:02 Quote
roundtheworld wrote:
...Snowshoes are what I see a lot of but just don't quit understand given the options......too much work.....

Someone has to track out the less travelled trails so I can ride my fat bike on them, I even pondered cracking mine out so I could ride a sugar daddy/bobcat loop while waiting at the top of Strange Brew this weekend.

Posted: Dec 17, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
aka-bigsteve wrote:

CM!"

"So many fat bikes going so slow in WBC today.....wondered if any fat bikers even have jobs......

CM!"

No one seems to be taking the bait though. Fatbikers just too lethargic I guess. Either that, or you're losing your touchBig Grin
Been focussing on skiing as per usual, 12 Mile has been riding nicely on skinnies though.

The masses are getting docile and complacent this time of year......just wait till spring is in the air and watch the e-panties twist up as they do every year! Nice to hear you're still reppin skinnies.
CM!

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 15:46 Quote
Cro-Mag wrote:
aka-bigsteve wrote:

CM!"

CM!"

The masses are getting docile and complacent this time of year......just wait till spring is in the air and watch the e-panties twist up as they do every year! (add evil laugh and casting of spell!) Wink Wink Wink
Nice to hear you're still reppin skinnies.
CM!

Posted: Dec 19, 2019 at 15:44 Quote
Cro-Mag wrote:
The masses are getting docile and complacent this time of year......just wait till spring is in the air and watch the e-panties twist up as they do every year! Nice to hear you're still reppin skinnies.
CM!
Big Grin
Just can't be bothered with getting a fatty, although if I didn't ski a lot I'd have one for sure.
I have been riding more this week though:
12 Mile trails are in primo shape for fat or thin on fast white dirt, studs nice for the handful of ice flows low down.
Paskapoo good also for all tires on most trails, no need at all for studs.

Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 17:08 Quote
aka-bigsteve wrote:
Cro-Mag wrote:
CM!
Big Grin
Just can't be bothered with getting a fatty, although if I didn't ski a lot I'd have one for sure.
I have been riding more this week though:
12 Mile trails are in primo shape for fat or thin on fast white dirt, studs nice for the handful of ice flows low down.
Paskapoo good also for all tires on most trails, no need at all for studs.

The last Canadian virgin Razz

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 10:44 Quote
coming soon to a bike trail near you!!

https://store.segway.com/dirtebike

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 14:58 Quote
syeve wrote:

Oh lord, there goes the neighborhood....

Coming soon to bike trails near you... Total E bike ban.

To go where other motorized vehicles have gone before...
Ok a bit of a star trek rip off there. Smile

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 17:45 Quote
most places only allow pedal assist bikes, which that is not.

Posted: Dec 24, 2019 at 19:54 Quote
syeve wrote:

It's clearly an electric dirt motorbike, not "pedal assist" (which for many = "pedal controlled throttle"), and I don't think we will really see them on local bike trails, but it does raise concerns about the potential for ramping up the creeping motorization of non-motorized trails. After all, one could make many of the same arguments for inclusion, that we currently hear from e-bike proponents:
-it's "e"- eco friendly and all lol
-It's quiet!
-My wife/buddy can't ride/and or keep up without one.
-It's fun!
-Mind your own business, I can ride wherever I want.
What's interesting is segway's use of the term "dirt ebike". I wonder how "pedal assist" e-bikers feel about what looks like an attempt to piggyback on their designation.

Posted: Dec 27, 2019 at 13:13 Quote
Took the fatty for a spin in Fish Creek yesterday. Creek isn't frozen yet, so no ice-path, but all the singletrack was perfectly packed and running fast. Studded fatties probably preferable, but I'm sure it would be do-able with skinnies

Posted: Jan 1, 2020 at 16:21 Quote
Cleared out the late-night fog today with a great noontime ride on studded skinnies at Paskapoo. Did almost all the trails, conditions are very well packed, crunchy and firm throughout, studs not needed.
Here's to yet another year of bitchin', whining and the occasional trail reportBeer

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012494
Mobile Version of Website