Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 17:35 Quote
hey do we know any hotshot fat-tire bikers in the Calgary area? like really cool trick guys/gals ?

time sensitive casting / hoping to make decisions tonight (Sun Jan 19) as it shoots early Tuesday morning, Jan 21. Go to: www.thecastingline.ca > Now Casting for details on how to apply. Thx! Louise @ The Casting Line

If anybody knows anyone who fits this bill or call Louise +1 604.377.5196

They are filming some kind of movie at Fortress Mountain.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 17:36 Quote
SJdude wrote:
hey do we know any hotshot fat-tire bikers in the Calgary area? like really cool trick guys/gals ?

time sensitive casting / hoping to make decisions tonight (Sun Jan 19) as it shoots early Tuesday morning, Jan 21. Go to: www.thecastingline.ca > Now Casting for details on how to apply. Thx! Louise @ The Casting Line

Sorry for tight deadline but if anyone here knows someone who rips it up on a fatty all I know are middle aged xc weenies like me.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 18:06 Quote
SJdude wrote:
SJdude wrote:

Sorry for tight deadline but if anyone here knows someone who rips it up on a fatty all I know are middle aged xc weenies like me.

Well, if you keep the camera a long way away and speed up the finished film a great deal, I might work for that... Wink
I am middle age too if I can live past 110 years old.....

Good luck with your search.

Posted: Jan 19, 2020 at 20:47 Quote
SJdude wrote:

Travel Alberta commercial...I think.

Posted: Jan 23, 2020 at 7:44 Quote
I found a Cateye bike computer head-unit yesterday on the sidewalk in Inglewood. Computer was found on 16th St near 17th Ave SE.

If this is yours please PM me with a description of the unit and I'll arrange delivery.

If you know someone who commutes in the area, please pass this info on to them.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 17:05 Quote
So I saw a guy in Fish Creek today riding one of these with a full set of ice bike racing studs. I could care less about mountain bike based ebikes but this is a bit much. His had pedals so I guess he thought its ok since it has pedals

https://lunacycle.com/sur-ron-x-bike-black-edition/

Also the trails is Fish are still great!

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 17:18 Quote
hizzity wrote:
So I saw a guy in Fish Creek today riding one of these with a full set of ice bike racing studs. I could care less about mountain bike based ebikes but this is a bit much. His had pedals so I guess he thought its ok since it has pedals

Surely that's not legal?!

Has anyone heard of a CO clamping down on one of those?

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 17:35 Quote
husstler wrote:
hizzity wrote:

It's not. Pedal assist bikes are allowed anything with a throttle is not.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 17:45 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
husstler wrote:
hizzity wrote:

It's not. Pedal assist bikes are allowed anything with a throttle is not.

https://extranet.gov.ab.ca/opinio6//s?s=ebike

Doesn’t look like the pilot is in place yet so I’d think they’d not even be permitted on paved/shale yet. Just a matter of time though...

Edit - pilot is aug 2019 to oct 2020..

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 17:46 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Pedal assist bikes are allowed anything with a throttle is not.

I would argue high-output e-bikes essentially have crank-actuated throttles. In any case, that thing is way beyond what's legal for the trails.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 18:15 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Pedal assist bikes are allowed anything with a throttle is not.

I would argue high-output e-bikes essentially have crank-actuated throttles. In any case, that thing is way beyond what's legal for the trails.
and not to mention also way overkill for fish creek.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 21:59 Quote
hizzity wrote:

Five years ago, my concerns about this being a direction that some e-bikes might take were poo-pooed by some here. Yet- here we are! A pedal kit and speed and power limits make it "legal" as shipped, but a 5 minute mod restores the full 5200w, and at a weight of 50kg, no-one's going to honestly even try to pedal it.

Trail report? Excellent riding conditions this morning in Paskapoo and 12 Mile on studded skinnies.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 22:16 Quote
aka-bigsteve wrote:
hizzity wrote:

Five years ago, my concerns about this being a direction that some e-bikes might take were poo-pooed by some here. Yet- here we are! A pedal kit and speed and power limits make it "legal" as shipped, but a 5 minute mod restores the full 5200w, and at a weight of 50kg, no-one's going to honestly even try to pedal it.

Trail report? Excellent riding conditions this morning in Paskapoo and 12 Mile on studded skinnies.
Your average ebike customer is an older dude who's fitness is decreasing, very few of them know that you can hack them. The people who do often choose not to so that their warranty is kept in tact.

Most of these people use ebikes as a tool to keep them enjoying the sport as their legs get weaker. I think they are important to our sport and will help advance bike technologies and will ultimately improve support for trails by the general public.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 8:01 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
aka-bigsteve wrote:
hizzity wrote:

Your average ebike customer is an older dude who's fitness is decreasing, very few of them know that you can hack them. The people who do often choose not to so that their warranty is kept in tact.

Most of these people use ebikes as a tool to keep them enjoying the sport as their legs get weaker. I think they are important to our sport and will help advance bike technologies and will ultimately improve support for trails by the general public.

I agree with you in principle, but if you're a person out for a walk that just got buzzed by what's effectively an electric dirt bike the semantics of what is or isn't an ebike will not matter.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 9:29 Quote
I like that it features "Awesome Engineering". Hopefully a rare occurrence, by a numbskull.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010956
Mobile Version of Website