Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: May 28, 2020 at 9:36 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Went up suffer springs to pneuma then down 7-2-7. Here's what I found:

There are two downed trees on sulpher not far out of the station flats parking lot, the first can be ridden around but it's sharp and right at kneecap level, the second is a big boi and blocks the whole trail. the usual spots are wet but they can be avoided for the most part.

Nothing to report on pneuma.

727 is running good, however please take the ride around the first jump is pretty much pancake batter and cannot support a bike right now.
Yeah, somebody just built that last night

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 9:42 Quote
Has anyone done the big razors loop yet ? I know there would still be a fair amount of snow on top of the Quaite climb but curious about jewell pass / Prairie view side of things ?

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
Ridge1 to Bobcat to Snakes to Ridge 3 back to Station flats last night. A few wet bits but I don’t think we did any disservice.

Saw a cow sized black bear on the lower part of Bobcat. Like a refrigerator on its side with stubby legs. He didn’t even look up at us as we sang on by.

Oh yeah. Lots of blow down. Take a saw?

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 10:04 Quote
djaugust wrote:
Saw a cow sized black bear on the lower part of Bobcat. Like a refrigerator on its side with stubby legs. He didn’t even look up at us as we sang on by.

I've had other friends run into that black bear about a week or so ago at the bottom of Bobcat so it sounds like it's been hanging out there for while as a heads up.

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 10:39 Quote
Silliker269 wrote:
Has anyone done the big razors loop yet ? I know there would still be a fair amount of snow on top of the Quaite climb but curious about jewell pass / Prairie view side of things ?

A friend rode Jewell a couple of days ago and encountered a fair bit of snow and mud. His description and photos are on the Facebook trails page.

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Silliker269 wrote:

A friend rode Jewell a couple of days ago and encountered a fair bit of snow and mud. His description and photos are on the Facebook trails page.

Ok Thanks

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 13:10 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
roundtheworld wrote:
Keeping with the support local movement what are the must hit areas of Alberta that are less than obvious? Baseline, Nordeg, Jasper and and and ??
Crowsnest

YES. Was just there and it's running amazing!! And in AB for those not wanting to cross a border

Rum Runner is open now too tup

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 13:16 Quote
On that note also, the creek at bottom of moose has subsided a bit. Toothless crossing was like knee deep.

Husky was a madhouse last night. Lord of the Flies!!!

Awesome that everyone is getting out.

Posted: May 29, 2020 at 16:15 Quote
If anyone knows an Amy Nicole Russell, I found her wallet out at Moose parking lot today, looks like its been there for quite a while.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 6:54 Quote
Got out for a quick rip last night at Paskapoo, haven't been down there in a few weeks - pretty much dry and dusty for the whole area, a few tacky spots with extra grip and one gigantic mud bog on ridge run between hookup and homestead.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
Sugar Daddy was running super-excellent last night around 10. No scrabbly moon dust yet.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 9:59 Quote
Any Intel on ROS?

Edit: Hus we need to go for a ride

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 13:41 Quote
Race is probably good. I started in from the pneuma junction last week and it had snow patches but I'd imagine they're gone by now.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 14:02 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Any Intel on ROS?

Edit: Hus we need to go for a ride

Yeah I'm in!

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 15:47 Quote
leftypumpkin wrote:
Got out for a quick rip last night at Paskapoo... one gigantic mud bog on ridge run between hookup and homestead.

Yes, it is quite the slop pit! There is also another one on RR at Judo Fish. Took a walk with my shovel yesterday morning and dug some drainage channels, and shaped things (as much as possible in the liquid muck!) to try and expedite drying at both spots, but it won't get much better until the water stops seeping out of the hillsides at both locations. Avoid if possible, but unfortunately RR is a major connector between loops.

ajax-ripper wrote:
Any Intel on ROS?

Rolled by a group in DH gear near the Diamond T-Ridgeback-Tom junction this morning and quickly asked about Race. Answer- good, but I didn't stop for details.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009049
Mobile Version of Website