Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 7:53 Quote
Anyone have any reports for Cox Hill, Prairie View, and/or Baldy?

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 8:28 Quote
kenny99 wrote:

one of my buddies tried jumping pound to cox and ended up giving up, apparently a ton of snow still up there. he estimated that you might be able to do an In and out, but wasn't sure. but the ridge is still a big effort with massive now drifts.

as for the other two...not too sure!

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 8:43 Quote
acdownhill wrote:
kenny99 wrote:

one of my buddies tried jumping pound to cox and ended up giving up, apparently a ton of snow still up there. he estimated that you might be able to do an In and out, but wasn't sure. but the ridge is still a big effort with massive now drifts.

as for the other two...not too sure!

ok Thanks for responding AC!!

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 9:48 Quote
kenny99 wrote:

Someone on the facebook forum rode Jewell and Prairie view yesterday and they are gtg.

Posted: Jun 6, 2021 at 23:21 Quote
Cleared the downed tree just after the wood drop at the top of Special K today, it was running well on Friday, all the leftover ice/snow up top is gone. Lots of moisture lower down at Moose today, keep that dirt in good shape through the week.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 11:15 Quote
Roll over on moose road on Sat night? Hope everyone was ok. Saw the car....nage yesterday

Road is quite loose and dusty right now.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 12:10 Quote
Rode Prospector. There was a tree down on the up track. It can be ducked under, but it reminded me to buy a pocket chainsaw.

The down track needs love. The upper half is strewn with loose rocks. I stopped and spent 20ish minutes giving one section a foot rake and putting aside larger loose rocks.

Wish more folks would do some simple maintenance while riding this trail. It sure needs it.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 12:48 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
Roll over on moose road on Sat night? Hope everyone was ok. Saw the car....nage yesterday

Was that below 2k? There was a rollover there Tuesday night when I was up (shortly after someone tried to pass me).

For everyone shuttling go slow, no need to pass or race up the road also remember there are people crossing and riding the road.

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 13:29 Quote
photogx wrote:
kenny99 wrote:

Was that below 2k? There was a rollover there Tuesday night when I was up (shortly after someone tried to pass me).

For everyone shuttling go slow, no need to pass or race up the road also remember there are people crossing and riding the road.

If its that jeep liberty below the 2k its been there for a week now

Not only the people and vehicle, Tuesday night last week there was a ton of deer around/on the road. Had one run across the road in front of me at full tilt and thankfully it didn't stop because I'm not sure I would have been able to on the gravel and I was doing 50-60 going downhill. Not to mention the dust/poor visibility when traffic is busy on the road...

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 17:03 Quote
Full send. Gotta ride T-dub
VPS13 wrote:
photogx wrote:
kenny99 wrote:

If its that jeep liberty below the 2k its been there for a week now

Not only the people and vehicle, Tuesday night last week there was a ton of deer around/on the road. Had one run across the road in front of me at full tilt and thankfully it didn't stop because I'm not sure I would have been able to on the gravel and I was doing 50-60 going downhill. Not to mention the dust/poor visibility when traffic is busy on the road...

Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 22:15 Quote
Sounds like punterville on moose...."be safe" wear your masks and practice your vehicular distancing from each other and wildlife!

CM!

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 8:09 Quote
Cro-Mag wrote:
Sounds like punterville on moose...."be safe" wear your masks and practice your vehicular distancing from each other and wildlife!

CM!

lol

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 23:35 Quote
Note on the new sections of Razor's Edge:

If the old sections are / were XC double-black, the new sections are blue to black. There are ride-arounds on any remotely difficult rock rolls, which is an interesting choice, considering what has to be ridden prior.

One small rock slab stands out, though. Maybe halfway along the final new section, there's a slab with a split down the middle. The slab slopes away to the rider's right and has no ride-around. It's not the most difficult move on Razor's, but it's awkward and, most significantly, it's totally out of character from the rest of the new sections, especially if we exclude the single-black "bonus lines". If you've let down your guard and are assuming everything is roughly blue level, that split slab may catch you out, so please be aware of it.

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 11:29 Quote
Lol, I did crash on that feature on 1st ride. After seeing the split and not having enough speed to hop it, I defaulted to the low side of the roll, but it is off camber enough and slick enough that I slid out.

Posted: Jun 20, 2021 at 8:46 Quote
lazyname wrote:
Lol, I did crash on that feature on 1st ride. After seeing the split and not having enough speed to hop it, I defaulted to the low side of the roll, but it is off camber enough and slick enough that I slid out.

That new section is fantastic!!! Well done builders. It adds a whole new trail and to end up back on Quaite is awesome. I'm not sure that move is the "hardest" move on the trail though.....but I would say yeah don't let your guard down when it feels like you are doing a cruisy trail to finish.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010259
Mobile Version of Website