Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 13:54 Quote
flyin-ryan wrote:
VPS13 wrote:
sweaman2 wrote:
Yeah. They're making quite the mess just off pneuma.

That's a huge budget flick whatever they are making, I would guess they are burning 6 figures a day with all the trucks and such, must be at least a hundred people involved yesterday.

I was unofficially told its Predator 5.
Don't take my word for it tho.
Didn't even know they made 2,3,4.

They had signage indicating "Skulls" (title of predator 5). I heard there were 2 different crews out though, HBO is shooting "The Last of Us" in Calgary so that would be my guess. Definitely a lot of trucks, trailers, and tents in a bunch of spots.

Maybe the plot requires dozens of Endur-brah extras?

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 14:32 Quote
lazyname wrote:
flyin-ryan wrote:
VPS13 wrote:

That's a huge budget flick whatever they are making, I would guess they are burning 6 figures a day with all the trucks and such, must be at least a hundred people involved yesterday.

They had signage indicating "Skulls" (title of predator 5). I heard there were 2 different crews out though, HBO is shooting "The Last of Us" in Calgary so that would be my guess. Definitely a lot of trucks, trailers, and tents in a bunch of spots.

Pairing my haphazard riding, with my dream of getting to be a death scream in a movie makes me think I am the perfect candidate for this job...

unfortunately the most action I have seen ahs been fat teamsters yelling at each other and almost getting into fist fights

Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 14:54 Quote
acdownhill wrote:
lazyname wrote:
flyin-ryan wrote:

Pairing my haphazard riding, with my dream of getting to be a death scream in a movie makes me think I am the perfect candidate for this job...

unfortunately the most action I have seen ahs been fat teamsters yelling at each other and almost getting into fist fights

Don't forget the "Security" trucks looking at you funny like you are going to to steal stuff from their trailers while on a bike.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 13:36 Quote
Just got back from K-Country, smoke is BAD. Way worse than in the city. Visibility maybe 2-3km, couldn't even see Nihahi from Powderface Ridge. I don't have asthma or any respiratory issues, but it was tough sledding. Couldn't shake the burning feeling from my lungs no matter how long I rested.

Probably still OK for shuttling or other low intensity activity, but if you're planning a big ride (or have respiratory issues) maybe a good idea to find an alternate plan.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 15:03 Quote
Equally smoky on my WBC-Moose loop this morning. I'm guessing vis of little more than a km at the top of sugar daddy. Don't know if my throat is raspy from the smoke, or all the bear calls.
On another note- how long before we get booted out of our "special" lol little corner of PB by the new overlords? I figure that our continued presence at the head of the AM/E/XC forum was due to nostalgia on Radek's part.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2021 at 17:48 Quote
aka-bigsteve wrote:
Equally smoky on my WBC-Moose loop this morning. I'm guessing vis of little more than a km at the top of sugar daddy. Don't know if my throat is raspy from the smoke, or all the bear calls.
On another note- how long before we get booted out of our "special" lol little corner of PB by the new overlords? I figure that our continued presence at the head of the AM/E/XC forum was due to nostalgia on Radek's part.

I dont know, but I'm guessing they will just keep the forum intact because it drives page views and that = $

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 12:48 Quote
Found a key on moose road last night just past Jean Guy. Super banged up but it looks like it's for a Ford, let me know if it's yours

O+
Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 18:22 Quote
go-biking wrote:
Found a key on moose road last night just past Jean Guy. Super banged up but it looks like it's for a Ford, let me know if it's yours
the key or the Ford?lol

Posted: Aug 23, 2021 at 7:44 Quote
Before the rain on Friday afternoon West Bragg was great with only a few small puddles in the usual spots.

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2021 at 7:46 Quote
Hero dirt on Moose last night. Some of the best conditions I’ve ridden on Toothless and Jean Guy.

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 5:19 Quote
Big tree down on South Long Distance. It is right after the second or third right hander on final descent. Way bigger than my pack saw is capable of. Few puddles on the trails last night, Crazy busy on Merlin as plenty of people out enjoying the great weather.

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 9:09 Quote
there are 2 or 3 cubs and their mom hanging out around the elbow valley and brakeless intersections on flight 66. almost hit one and another chased me for a little bit

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 11:48 Quote
13en wrote:
there are 2 or 3 cubs and their mom hanging out around the elbow valley and brakeless intersections on flight 66. almost hit one and another chased me for a little bit

They've been around all year, I saw them near Station Flats earlier in the year. Felt completely comfortable as there was a group of 6 or so 60+ hikers that would have given me plenty of time to get away Big Grin

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 12:01 Quote
VPS13 wrote:
13en wrote:

They've been around all year, I saw them near Station Flats earlier in the year. Felt completely comfortable as there was a group of 6 or so 60+ hikers that would have given me plenty of time to get away Big Grin
not many hikers around moose unfortunately lol

Posted: Aug 28, 2021 at 9:28 Quote
Heading out for the first ride in the mts in some time. Was thinking of a Bragging Rights loop or Pneuma pain. Is the filming still going on? If so I'll brave the West Bragg parkup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.113411
Mobile Version of Website