Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 13:21 Quote
anyone know if husky is a slop fest yet or still pretty good?

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 14:50 Quote
No experience of husky but Moose side was good yesterday. Can't imagine it'd be terrible to be honest. By yesterday afternoon parts of 7-27 already looked summer dry again despite the preceding rain....

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 15:28 Quote
13en wrote:
anyone know if husky is a slop fest yet or still pretty good?

Heard from the guys that rode Husky Saturday afternoon that it was pretty good except for the last slope on pistelero which was a slippery slimy descent.

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 20:07 Quote
yah i ended up riding sidetrax and it was just a little beyond tacky

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 13:52 Quote
anyone know the conditions up on bragg or the husky side?

looking to come down this weekend from edmonton and will bring my bike if the conditions are good.

looks like you guys have some snow forcasted for friday.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
there perfect rn, but after friday like you said will be very wet and or snowy it looks like

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 22:03 Quote
blamalamadingdong wrote:
anyone know the conditions up on bragg or the husky side?

looking to come down this weekend from edmonton and will bring my bike if the conditions are good.

looks like you guys have some snow forcasted for friday.

Conditions on Husky were primo tonight - we rode Shoulda and Side Trax. Shoulda was late season rough (so not very nice but not unexpected either). Side Trax was in very good condition, even a little dusty if you stayed too close to the other guys in your group (I on the other hand rode it in the dark down by myself, every one else got away pretty quick).

Friday's snow might change everything, so you might want to bring your fat bike instead.

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
I am unfortunately without a fatbike. but i guess i'll keep an eye open on the weather, really itchin to get a few more rides in before the season ends. was also considering doing a run out to baseline as an alternative but cant find any condition reports.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 5:07 Quote
Blama, snow today, so unless you have a fat bike, your season IS over!

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 6:00 Quote
That might be a little dramatic. Last year the snow melted and I was back on skinny tires within 2 weeks.

That doesn’t help the guy that’s in town for only a weekend but still.

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 8:10 Quote
Sharkon wrote:
Blama, snow today, so unless you have a fat bike, your season IS over!

ive kind of come to accept this now. baseline is getting rain today so i guess its local riding for me. edmonton seems to be the only dry spot this weekend!

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 8:46 Quote
Just being honest about the conditions! Bragg Creek & Moose are at the foot of the Rockies! Once the snow flies it usually sticks around or it rains! JMHO

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 10:00 Quote
Sharkon wrote:
Just being honest about the conditions! Bragg Creek & Moose are at the foot of the Rockies! Once the snow flies it usually sticks around or it rains! JMHO

that doesn't mean you need a fat bike

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 17:42 Quote
I think December 2018 - Jan 2019 there were more dirt riding days than that seasons September and October. Last December was rad too.

Beauty fall this year for sure!

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 20:26 Quote
We had dusty, dry, Jean Guy laps into December last year. Maybe the season is over, but I’m not ready to give up yet.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009090
Mobile Version of Website