Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 10:17 Quote
yeah, definitely not retiring the summer bike yet.

Any on the ground observations of conditions out there today? Wondering which bike to bring for our ride tomorrow.

Posted: Oct 30, 2021 at 19:17 Quote
leftypumpkin wrote:

Any on the ground observations of conditions out there today? Wondering which bike to bring for our ride tomorrow.

Yup, It snowed all last night! Lots of snow on the ground & even more in the mtns! Sorry it's not better news for ya . . . good luck lefty, and ride safe out there!

Posted: Oct 31, 2021 at 7:41 Quote
Sharkon wrote:
leftypumpkin wrote:

Yup, It snowed all last night! Lots of snow on the ground & even more in the mtns! Sorry it's not better news for ya . . . good luck lefty, and ride safe out there!

Its all good, I enjoy riding my fat bike in the snow as much as my summer bike on dirt.

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 16:40 Quote
Any good updates out there ? Anything rideable skinny or fatty

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 22:28 Quote
Definitely mixed conditions tonight - we rode snow shoe hare, long distance (north out past the first gate after disconnect, then all the way back south to braggin rights. Packed wet snow, slushy packed line, completely dry and some wet/slimey mud would best describe conditions. Only braggin rights from the bottom of long distance to the parking lot was muddy, the rest was a random mix depending on sun aspect. Very few puddles yet though.

Posted: Nov 5, 2021 at 21:21 Quote
Bowmnot will be G2G Saturday November 6. It was just a wee bit sticky in the shade on Friday.

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 14:27 Quote
Rode Sugar Momma, bobcat, ridgeback, sulfur, pneuma and 7-27 this morning. All of the single track was basically clear and dry (so Sugar, bobcat, some of ridgeback, some of sulfur, pneuma and 7-27). Where the trails opened up to double track (getting to Sugar and parts of sulfur) there was lots of ice. Great riding out there right now, if a little cool at 9am.

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 7:31 Quote
Reconnect was a luge track on Sunday.
LD, Merlin, and BR were excellent.

Posted: Nov 9, 2021 at 10:17 Quote
looks like it maybe snowed a little out moose area monday...?

Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
13en wrote:

Yeah, saw a photo of the pneuma/sulphur open meadow area that showed probably a couple of inches.

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 6:43 Quote
13en wrote:

Just a trace. FG is bone dry on any exposed areas, with a light dusting in the shade. Shaft is lightly dusted, but totally rideable without studs. I would guess that aspect is a big factor, and am guessing that the Husky trails that face North would have more but I didn't explore that side.

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 9:32 Quote
yeah i ended up going, husky was all an inch or 2, road had some ice but ridable without studs.
moose road was also slick, FG looked all good tho

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 20:17 Quote
We rode family guy (two laps), Billy Dog and Jean Guy tonight - all were almost completely dry and bare, with the odd snow packed area in open areas (very little though). Moose road was definitely packed snow and ice but very rideable.

Posted: Nov 12, 2021 at 18:35 Quote
Any reports from Prairie? Is the south facing stuff clear/rideable?

Posted: Nov 13, 2021 at 18:05 Quote
Rode an out and back - from WBC parking lot, Boundary, Snagmore then up Sugar Daddy to the top, then back the way we came. All of the single track was dry and bare so get out there and enjoy it tomorrow before the snow comes. Very icy getting to the bottom of Boundary from the WBC parking lot, and a few double track icy spots where the single track crosses, the rest was fantastic.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010542
Mobile Version of Website