Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 20:25 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
...Eastlands has been pretty good and well packed...

Need to get down there, haven't ridden it since the snow fell (and I live at the top!).

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 8:45 Quote
leftypumpkin wrote:
kenny99 wrote:

Need to get down there, haven't ridden it since the snow fell (and I live at the top!).

Still well packed and firm as of last night. Night time rides you pretty much have the place to yourself except one lady who walks her dog. So many good routes now. You just gotta climb, climb, climb Really Mad

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 11:30 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
leftypumpkin wrote:
kenny99 wrote:

Still well packed and firm as of last night. Night time rides you pretty much have the place to yourself except one lady who walks her dog. So many good routes now. You just gotta climb, climb, climb Really Mad

Frozen krispy krunchy at Paskapoo this morning. Excellent!

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 14:58 Quote
PV-JP

Icy but rolling well on the way up.

First part of descent (to the bridge): better than summer! All those root steps are filled by snow!

Second part of descent: so bumpy. So many frozen footprints.

Pro tip: the lake isn’t frozen enough to cut across. The middle is ok but the ice around the edges is soft and you’re likely to end up getting a knee- deep soaker.

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 19:23 Quote
I too agree that Eastlands are suberb...great conditions....nice hardpack and great conditions. FOR THE SECOND TIME IN A ROW I'VE PICKED UP A COUPLE PILSNER BEER CANS AT THE PARKING AREA. NOT COOL . I hope that one day I'll see you, and be able to publicly shame your miserable existence

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 10:14 Quote
kenny99 wrote:
leftypumpkin wrote:
kenny99 wrote:

If you meet a wolfhound down in eastlands that can stare you eye-to-eye while you are seated on your bike, his name is Fearghus! He's pretty mellow but a little goofy about meeting new people.

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 7:48 Quote
leftypumpkin wrote:
kenny99 wrote:
leftypumpkin wrote:

If you meet a wolfhound down in eastlands that can stare you eye-to-eye while you are seated on your bike, his name is Fearghus! He's pretty mellow but a little goofy about meeting new people.

Have seen!

PVJP is in perfect shape now! Lots of bikes yesterday and it's all smoothed out into an awesome luge track. So fun. Maybe as much fun as summer conditions.....The very very last little bit was getting a little muddy

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 14:47 Quote
Powderface up to the saddle was in great shape, above up the ridge was good anywhere out of the wind (i.e the big trees down low), the drifty bits were a mix of rideable and pushable, above tree line had no snow and was totally rideable.

The return trip to Prairie Link was fast (very few hikers!) as long as you kept to the narrow packed line, off line was deep and unforgiving.

Up Prairie Link was pretty lumpy, probably a result of freeze/thaw cycles on hikers footprints. Over on Prairie Creek there was a mix of lumpy, good conditions and a few sun-baked sections that were turning slushy.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 22:02 Quote
Zakalwerides wrote:
I too agree that Eastlands are suberb...great conditions....nice hardpack and great conditions. FOR THE SECOND TIME IN A ROW I'VE PICKED UP A COUPLE PILSNER BEER CANS AT THE PARKING AREA. NOT COOL . I hope that one day I'll see you, and be able to publicly shame your miserable existence

I think there's a van that tosses those out for the bums.......they get free cans so they are just passing it on.....

CM!

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 12:40 Quote
West Bragg Survey in anticipation of a new area plan.

I don't think its been posted before.
I participated, thought I might get some new trail intel, but really the survey is about all the agreed terms and conditions to a new trail plan.
https://www.alberta.ca/west-bragg-creek-trails-master-plan-engagement.aspx

Posted: Jan 21, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
Fxtim wrote:
West Bragg Survey in anticipation of a new area plan.

I don't think its been posted before.
I participated, thought I might get some new trail intel, but really the survey is about all the agreed terms and conditions to a new trail plan.
https://www.alberta.ca/west-bragg-creek-trails-master-plan-engagement.aspx

Get ready for a WBC fee.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 7:38 Quote
Anyone out on the fatties the last couple days? How's WBC?

How about Eastlands? Anyone been out there.

Thanks

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 13:02 Quote
We were out in Canmore last weekend - conditions at nordic centre and on highline were pretty good.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 5:25 Quote
FC is good. Pretty icy in spots so check your speed on blind corners and have a look at the longer descents before rolling in.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 6:56 Quote
Rode Shaft last night - foot traffic made it a little lumpy up top but otherwise good fun. Garden nomes have been out cutting downfall out near the bottom. Pneuma up to sulfur was good riding but lumpy at times. Moose Road was in good shape all the way to the top of Shaft.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012339
Mobile Version of Website