Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 9:19 Quote
ecrider wrote:
lazyname wrote:
Any word on conditions at Moose or bragg, did they get the same dusting Calgary did or more?

WB was awesome on Festivus and the day after...and this was on a regular ole 26" skinny tired (Ikons nonetheless) bike.

Planned on riding yesterday and today but booze happens this time of year. I imagine WB is still ready to roll

The bragg creek twitter feed said 5cm of fresh snow.

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 13:50 Quote
Skied most of the West Bragg trails this morning, and from what I saw- Braggin, Merlin, Ranger and Strange Brew should be great for all tires. Made me wish I had brought along the bike for an apres-ski ride.
Snagmore and the south end of Boundary looked to be fairly well tracked by fattys, but possibly not ready for thinner rubber.

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 15:08 Quote
I rode bragging rights and merlin twice On studs. Conditions warranted a second lap.

Very thin layer of tracked snow, just enough to cover old ice.. Only 1-2cm for the most part in the bush. Open areas of Merlin were deeper / more challenging but doable.

Posted: Dec 28, 2014 at 16:28 Quote
Much more snow out there today, a weird wet and sticky base layer from last night with colder drier pow sitting on top falling from noon onwards.

Clogged up the dogs paws and stuck to all xc wax types

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 8:20 Quote
Rode Merlin/Long Distance yesterday (Sunday). Lots of new snow and lots of fun. Rode a fatty with front studs. Ran into a few other people including someone on a normal FS bike going up Long Distance (CCW).

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 at 8:33 Quote
Ranger strange brew night ride last night.
Conditions are amazing. Probably best of the year so far. The descent was fast and fun. NO ice. Going to do some skinny tire riding on the island Smile

Posted: Jan 1, 2015 at 12:41 Quote
Any chance of riding moose or WB on skinnies? Been itching to get out and don't have a fatty.

Posted: Jan 1, 2015 at 15:09 Quote
duggyb wrote:
Any chance of riding moose or WB on skinnies? Been itching to get out and don't have a fatty.

WB definitely. Rode on Tuesday and yesterday on skinnies and was stupid fun. Studs would be a good idea, but I still haven't mounted mine and its been riding fine.

If you ride Merlin watch for a sketchy patch of ice halfway down the descent (going CCW), scared the p!ss outta me!

Posted: Jan 1, 2015 at 20:53 Quote
ecrider wrote:
duggyb wrote:

WB definitely. Rode on Tuesday and yesterday on skinnies and was stupid fun. Studs would be a good idea, but I still haven't mounted mine and its been riding fine.

If you ride Merlin watch for a sketchy patch of ice halfway down the descent (going CCW), scared the p!ss outta me!

thanks for the update, too bad this weekend is looking a little on the chilly side,may still have to try and get out.

Posted: Jan 2, 2015 at 7:44 Quote
any reports on how COP eastlands is doing?? much traffic out there, bike or otherwise?

Posted: Jan 2, 2015 at 9:08 Quote
Rode there last Fridayi think and it was awesome..lots of bike traffic..was icy under the snow but wide packed trails.

Posted: Jan 2, 2015 at 11:08 Quote
boostin wrote:
Rode there last Fridayi think and it was awesome..lots of bike traffic..was icy under the snow but wide packed trails.

Cool. Thanks.

I'm gonna layer up and hit fish this afternoon if anyone iis interested.

Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 21:34 Quote
How awesome is Merlin's view on skinnies or fatties? f**k that s**t. I'm organizing a ride at a Coast Gravity for the end of the month,

Gonna be amazeballs!

Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 18:03 Quote
jitenshakun wrote:
How awesome is Merlin's view on skinnies or fatties? f**k that s**t. I'm organizing a ride at a Coast Gravity for the end of the month,

Gonna be amazeballs!

To answer your question........very awesome!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 18:17 Quote
If you like big ruts and mashed potato conditions on all the Berms on way up , everyone can continue to stay on that loop while the other 5 in that area are in way better packed width and consistent conditions .

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007661
Mobile Version of Website