Enduro bikes on the world champs emtb XC?

PB Forum :: eMTB
Enduro bikes on the world champs emtb XC?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 10, 2023 at 2:38 Quote
Looking at the e-mtb xc race from the worlds and noticed that everyone was running big bikes with Lyriks etc. Why aren’t they using the lightweight ones or more xc-oriented ones?
More power/bigger battery worth the added weight? Better traction with the enduro forks?

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2023 at 6:19 Quote
SL eMTBs don't have the range or power to compete in these races.

Posted: Aug 10, 2023 at 10:31 Quote
rick26 wrote:
SL eMTBs don't have the range or power to compete in these races.
Figured it was something like that. But shouldn’t there be more 100-120mm travel ones instead of the 150+ ones? Not like the track demands an enduro bike really.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2023 at 21:39 Quote
I can’t figure it out. These are professional athletes riding ebikes that cap out at 20mph (in the US). I would think these guys are often exceeding that speed which is incredibly tough to maintain on an ebike. It’s like hauling around lead weights for once the motor shuts off.

Posted: Aug 13, 2023 at 0:20 Quote
gnarlysipes wrote:
I can’t figure it out. These are professional athletes riding ebikes that cap out at 20mph (in the US). I would think these guys are often exceeding that speed which is incredibly tough to maintain on an ebike. It’s like hauling around lead weights for once the motor shuts off.
Not even 20mph, the international rule is 25km/h, so just over 15mp/h. There is a lot of quite steep uphill racing though, so they will have the motor help them there. But I still don’t get it why they need a 20kg+ enduro sled with Lyrik.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006674
Mobile Version of Website