Powered by Outside

Schaltwerk? Nein, danke!

PB Forum :: Europe
Schaltwerk? Nein, danke!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 22, 2023 at 15:33 Quote
I know someone (dedicated singlespeeder, like myself) who has a sticker on his bike that says "Derailleur? Nein, danke!" and I'm trying to find something similar to bring home when I visit Germany next week. I went down a bit of a rabbit hole with the "___? Nein, Danke" theme and I found several references to this logo adapted for anti-vaccination, anti-nuclear, anti-fascism, etc, which makes the derailleur part even funnier. Can anyone clarify the origin of that logo? Is it actually something horrible and offensive that I should not use?

It sounds like I'm looking for something that says "Schaltwerk? Nein, danke!" hats, stickers, pins, shirts, etc. Where in Germany might I find such an obscure thing? it sounds like something that a niche, hipster bicycle shop in a big city would sell. I might be looking for something that is nearly impossible to track down.

Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 2:25 Quote
Nothing horrible and offensive. The logo comes from the anti nuclear movement and is called Smiling Sun. Check: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiling_Sun

Pro nuclear power folks used a "Müsli? Nein, danke!" version in Germany, this translates to "Granola? No thanks!" to mock the green activists.

The sticker was most likely made in a small patch for a niche singlespeed bike courier scene - best to just print one yourself.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006229
Mobile Version of Website