Highland Mountain Bike Park

PB Forum :: USA - East
Highland Mountain Bike Park
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 3:32 Quote
kyleluvsdh wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
scott-townes wrote:

My family would take multiple trips a year to the NEK system since 2004, the first DH trail from the top of Burke mtn. showed up around 2006 from what I remember. It was so sketch and gnarly. The last time I visited and camped on the mountain, last year, there were a number of people shuttling to the top. There are a few trails now you can access from the peak. I only know from 2nd hand accounts that they're wild. The chair access is lower than the peak and is lower grade/not as steep. So if you go, either be ready to climb a little, then pedal up the rest of the access road or have a shuttle truck from the base or town area for the gnar gnar. Also there's an abandoned fire tower at the peak, no sign for it really but anyone can get up there. Its unreal during the fall.

Ya'll should visit the Burke forum.

Can you link me to the Burke Thread? I couldn't find it :/.

Cheers man thanks Big Grin

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=228809

You're welcome.

Posted: Apr 18, 2021 at 10:21 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
kyleluvsdh wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:

Ya'll should visit the Burke forum.

Can you link me to the Burke Thread? I couldn't find it :/.

Cheers man thanks Big Grin

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=228809

You're welcome.

Merci! Big Grin \m/

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 8:56 Quote
Anyone have directions to the dirt pipe? Anyone know if it has been maintained at all?

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 9:08 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
Anyone have directions to the dirt pipe? Anyone know if it has been maintained at all?

Dirt pipe? Never heard of it.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 11:12 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:

LOL, you mean one of the first halfpipes created in the world when it was a ski resort? The area where Threshold rips through and was turned into a trickable dirt pipe for NWD 10?

Its there but I'm not sure who the frig is telling you its a fully functional dirt pipe to shred.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 17:15 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
Directions? Hit the reef drop and take a left turn at the bottom. Has it been maintained? Goodness no

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 7:43 Quote
samsq wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:
Directions? Hit the reef drop and take a left turn at the bottom. Has it been maintained? Goodness no

Appreciate the tips guys. Trying to ride anything and everything since I'll be there for 9 days this summer.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 8:53 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
samsq wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:

Appreciate the tips guys. Trying to ride anything and everything since I'll be there for 9 days this summer.

Def ride 'Lunchlady' or whatever the cool kids call it, steep rock slab right off the lift in between Threshold and the cats entrance...Keep following the trail another fun rock roll down the way which is a little more tech. One of my personal favorite lines on the mountain into reef > paddy.

Posted: Apr 21, 2021 at 16:15 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
samsq wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:

Bring a dirt jumper or bmx if you have one, Highland has some dope djs too!

Have fun Big Grin

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 12:53 Quote
manhattanprjkt83 wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:
samsq wrote:

Def ride 'Lunchlady' or whatever the cool kids call it, steep rock slab right off the lift in between Threshold and the cats entrance...Keep following the trail another fun rock roll down the way which is a little more tech. One of my personal favorite lines on the mountain into reef > paddy.

Lunch Lady is on the map now

Posted: Apr 23, 2021 at 13:01 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
manhattanprjkt83 wrote:
BMXJJ327 wrote:

Lunch Lady is on the map now

Nice! I'll check it out.

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 6:53 Quote
Hey everyone! I’ll be going to highland quite a bit over this season, and want to explore some of the harder trails, specifically tech. The only tech trails I’ve really done have been upper happy hour, fancy feast, and shillelagh into Jack Rabbit run. I am on a 160/160 enduro bike, and am at the higher end of intermediate skill level. Anyone have trails that are must-sees? I only live about 2 hours away, so I should be able to check them all out. Thanks!

Posted: May 7, 2021 at 8:23 Quote
peterfoley5 wrote:
Hey everyone! I’ll be going to highland quite a bit over this season, and want to explore some of the harder trails, specifically tech. The only tech trails I’ve really done have been upper happy hour, fancy feast, and shillelagh into Jack Rabbit run. I am on a 160/160 enduro bike, and am at the higher end of intermediate skill level. Anyone have trails that are must-sees? I only live about 2 hours away, so I should be able to check them all out. Thanks!

If you're on an enduro bike, you can look at what's been run at some of the past enduro races. Everything in the park is rideable on a 160/160 bike. Maiden is probably the only one where you really miss 200mm of travel. Be sure to check out some of the xc trails that can be accesses off the lift. Faux pine is a must. ODB, ODC, Threshold, Maiden, Eastern Hemlock, Lunch Lady, Jack Rabbit would be the classic tech trails.

https://www.highlandmountain.com/overmountain-enduro-course-details-released/

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007481
Mobile Version of Website