Highland Mountain Bike Park

PB Forum :: USA - East
Highland Mountain Bike Park
Posted: Jun 14, 2021 at 15:53 Quote
Thoughts the pinkbike drop and tomb? whats harder? I hit tomb last weekend, and i want to hit pinkbike on friday. Any advice?

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
Milesmtb12 wrote:
Thoughts the pinkbike drop and tomb? whats harder? I hit tomb last weekend, and i want to hit pinkbike on friday. Any advice?

If by Pinkbike, you mean the drop on NE Style at the top, that's simple. Just casually roll into it, don't pedal or brake and you should make it perfectly. I've read its 12' by 12' so the gap out to the landing isn't far by any means.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 12:19 Quote
scott-townes wrote:
Milesmtb12 wrote:

If by Pinkbike, you mean the drop on NE Style at the top, that's simple. Just casually roll into it, don't pedal or brake and you should make it perfectly. I've read its 12' by 12' so the gap out to the landing isn't far by any means.

No, it's creep the turn, then one crank.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
scott-townes wrote:
Milesmtb12 wrote:

Im going to try to find someone that can tow me in, so im not too worried about the speed. Im more worried cuz the drop looks a little offline from the landing, and ive heard stories and seen videos of people washing out on the landing

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 16:52 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
scott-townes wrote:
Milesmtb12 wrote:

Jeeze guys, I throw in 2 cranks.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 7:07 Quote
Nictue wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
scott-townes wrote:

All about the speed you can carry in the turn and then what you do off the drop. If you squash it speed is different than popping up.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 13:26 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
Nictue wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:

All about the speed you can carry in the turn and then what you do off the drop. If you squash it speed is different than popping up.

Ah, sorry. I meant to say, the right speed is pedaling as fast as you can out of the turn and don't stop.

Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 16:48 Quote
Little late for this one, but do not crank twice coming out of that turn for "new growth". I've seen multiple people try this incorrectly and they end up overshooting the crap out of the landing. Have someone tow you in if you're thinking about it, that's how you'll know the right speed. Not saying two or one crank isn't valid, but these people have hit the drop before and know the speed. Personally as soon as I start to enter the wooden turn before it it's brakes off, no peddle, but this will not work for everyone.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2021 at 17:03 Quote
Spent all last week at Highland with some friends. Here's a video from our trip!

https://youtu.be/PiwJ9YEydAo

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2021 at 3:10 Quote
BMXJJ327 wrote:
Spent all last week at Highland with some friends. Here's a video from our trip!

https://youtu.be/PiwJ9YEydAo

Rad fn edit. Those flat spins are dirty.

Posted: Aug 4, 2021 at 14:20 Quote
kyleluvsdh wrote:
Again I've never been there, but I would love to get out there some day to ride and I would happily make a donation toward the cause in the meantime! I'm sure many others would too! Even if it only generates 10k, or 100k. It could potentially go a long way in funding a new or new but used chairlift for the bike park. And that would be epic Big Grin

I'd love to hear your thoughts!
A bit late to this party, but Cannon ski mountain put in a new fixed double back in 2010/11 at a cost of $3 million...

Posted: Aug 18, 2021 at 19:42 Quote
Just got back from Wensduro and the trails seem really beat up. Terrible braking bumps and big holes mid-berm. We were there a couple of months ago and they were considerably better.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 6:10 Quote
ChiefSilverback wrote:
Just got back from Wensduro and the trails seem really beat up. Terrible braking bumps and big holes mid-berm. We were there a couple of months ago and they were considerably better.

Never ridden a bike park mid summer before huh?

Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 7:19 Quote
chriskneeland wrote:
This time last year they were no where near as bad.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
ChiefSilverback wrote:
chriskneeland wrote:
This time last year they were no where near as bad.

Oh right, Thanks chief. Good to compare to the year where we didn't have historic levels of rainfall and when rider runs were limited due to covid.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012593
Mobile Version of Website