Highland Mountain Bike Park

PB Forum :: USA - East
Highland Mountain Bike Park
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 5:31 Quote
Bagelboi97 wrote:
Can anyone give an idea on how long the lift lines have been this year? its hard to know and driving from northern VT would be a bummer to have a bad bad line

Highland has always been busy on the weekends. Ride morning at opening or the last hours before closing otherwise you'll have to ride weekdays if your main concern are lift lines.

Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 11:32 Quote
"Always" is a stretch, it wasnt bad 6 or 7 years ago, except event weekends and when bike parks in other parts of the northeast we're closed. Many factors contributed with overall growth of MTB and trail/Enduro bikes that are more capable. It's a shame though, bc they have some of the best bike park trails in the world even though they're pretty short. Just hard for me to justify going up there from Boston for 2 short laps an hour. Too bad they can't increase uphill capacity. Their focused of the last 7 years or so has simply been "growing the sport" aka adding new riders investing a lot less in core riders. Hard to argue with the business success they've had and I don't blame them for the model. Clearly I think everyone should learn on an old crappy 26er on raw rocky trails by falling a bunch. Now get off my lawn.

Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 13:28 Quote
hatton wrote:
"Always" is a stretch, it wasnt bad 6 or 7 years ago, except event weekends and when bike parks in other parts of the northeast we're closed. Many factors contributed with overall growth of MTB and trail/Enduro bikes that are more capable. It's a shame though, bc they have some of the best bike park trails in the world even though they're pretty short. Just hard for me to justify going up there from Boston for 2 short laps an hour. Too bad they can't increase uphill capacity. Their focused of the last 7 years or so has simply been "growing the sport" aka adding new riders investing a lot less in core riders. Hard to argue with the business success they've had and I don't blame them for the model. Clearly I think everyone should learn on an old crappy 26er on raw rocky trails by falling a bunch. Now get off my lawn.

Yeah and it was dead when they first opened with 4 trails... Clearly I'm not referring to how lift lines were almost a decade ago.

Posted: Jun 7, 2022 at 12:43 Quote
scott-townes wrote:
hatton wrote:

Yeah and it was dead when they first opened with 4 trails... Clearly I'm not referring to how lift lines were almost a decade ago.

Fridays have been really really light so far. Cynically, I don't expect that to last, but lines have been dramatically shorter than last year.

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 11:54 Quote
Any updates on the weekend line situation? I'm thinking about heading down with my boys this weekend(sat and Sunday) but don't want to be stuck waiting in 45 min lines every lap.

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2022 at 15:19 Quote
vtflow wrote:
Any updates on the weekend line situation? I'm thinking about heading down with my boys this weekend(sat and Sunday) but don't want to be stuck waiting in 45 min lines every lap.

I’m planning on going Sunday and I just found out that there is a Woman’s Freeride Festival Sat and Sun. So it might be pretty packed…

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 19:13 Quote
US Open at Killington/ VT this weekend, might thin out the line a bit

Posted: Oct 18, 2022 at 11:12 Quote
I heard rumors at Ayr Academy this past summer about an old trail called Dirt Pipe. Found some limited info on the internet and it looks pretty sick. Does anyone know if it's still there, and how to get to it?

Edit: Same thing for the Slalom Course. From what I've figured out, I believe it's off of Reef Around?

Posted: Oct 18, 2022 at 18:34 Quote
Wednesday wrote:
I heard rumors at Ayr Academy this past summer about an old trail called Dirt Pipe. Found some limited info on the internet and it looks pretty sick. Does anyone know if it's still there, and how to get to it?

Edit: Same thing for the Slalom Course. From what I've figured out, I believe it's off of Reef Around?

Bottom half of Slalom course has a road through it now due to Central Park construction. No real loss, it was not maintained anyway.

Dirt pipe is still there. Ask around at the mountain, someone could probably show you.

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2022 at 5:54 Quote
RIP Paddy Glades, that was fun to go 3 wide into all those different lines.

Posted: Nov 1, 2022 at 19:08 Quote
vtflow wrote:

You will. *shrug*

| Next Page

Active Forum Threads
15 mins ago - Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
21 mins ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
22 mins ago - 2023 Transition Smuggler... is it real?
25 mins ago - Who is running a 2021 Fox 36 831?
30 mins ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
36 mins ago - Has anyone ridden the new We Are One Arrival 170?
39 mins ago - Giant Reign 29er 2020
44 mins ago - ENDURO KENEVO DESDE SPAIN
45 mins ago - YT Capra Owners
45 mins ago - stuck between models
46 mins ago - Gear cable length
49 mins ago - Ripmo AF Thread
55 mins ago - Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
2 hours ago - Report Scammers on Pinkbike HERE *Read 1st Post* then contact captainbringdown directly
3 hours ago - Badge progress
3 hours ago - Slow air leak after shock rebuild - looking for ideas
4 hours ago - Frames with water bottle mounts?
5 hours ago - 100 (or more) days of biking in 2023!
5 hours ago - +256702530886 #twins Pregnancy spells caste,r and fertility spells to help you conceive a child of your own
5 hours ago - +256702530886 win Court Cases spells caster +256702530886WIN COURT CASE QUICKLY
5 hours ago - +256702530886 #twins Pregnancy spells caster and fertility spells to help you conceive a child of your own Florida
5 hours ago - How to join illuminati occult for money ritual in +256783573282Al Ahmadi EDINBURGH Canada and USA%+256783573282
6 hours ago - Fertility Spells Get Pregnant now +256783573282 VOODOO, WITCHCRAFT AND BLACK MAGIC
6 hours ago - Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
6 hours ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010536
Mobile Version of Website