Powered by Outside

HELP! Selling a bike in Europe

PB Forum :: Europe
HELP! Selling a bike in Europe
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 15, 2023 at 2:12 Quote
I recently moved from New York to the Netherlands, and local riding conditions have driven me to try to sell my bike - an Intense Sniper T.

I've tried bike-specific marketplaces (Pinkbike, BuyCycle) as well as generic ones (Marktplaats, Ebay) but have been repeatedly unable to get even an offer on the bike. I realize it's a hard time to be selling a bike, but I'm flexible on pricing and the bike is in good condition.

My question is: Is there a European equivalent of The Pro's Closet, whose business model is to buy used bikes and then re-sell them? Or is there anything else I could try on this side of the pond?

Posted: Dec 15, 2023 at 2:31 Quote
I' m from France, so not the Netherlands, but I can say that there is unfortunately no european equivalent for the pro's closet.
In France we have bike specific marketplace such as troc-vélo or biked, they are working really well.
In a country like the netherlands where almost everyone use a bike to commute, it would be surprising that there no dedicated platform to sell second hand bicycles.
Have you tried bikefair or buycycle?

edit: this time of the year is also not the best period to sell a bike, especially now with bikeshops trying to sell off their stocks with big discounts.

Posted: Dec 15, 2023 at 5:41 Quote
@jurassicrider I tried buycycle twice, with no success. I'll look into Bikefair. Thanks!

Posted: Jan 3, 2024 at 7:05 Quote
Try bikeflip com and bikemarkt.mtb-news.de

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006438
Mobile Version of Website