Trials bike I can use for Street ?
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
what about the giant stp series?

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 19:57 Quote
the drop outs on the simtras suck

Posted: Mar 23, 2008 at 4:41 Quote
backflip101 wrote:

For those who still dont know how to fit the tensionner in the drop out, I will have in a few weeks a U shaped part to replace the tensionner. This will fix the problem and the bike will have a regular horizontal mount drop out.

Posted: Mar 23, 2008 at 8:36 Quote
backflip101 wrote:

ha, you havn't experienced the pain that is the ghost's vert dropouts. if you run a deraileur you have to take one end off the qr skewer to get the wheel out. all thnaks to the hanger placing the knuckle of the deraileur in the way. Thanks planet x!tup that's the only quirk about the bike.

Posted: Mar 23, 2008 at 10:28 Quote
Realistically...you can use any trials bike for street...actually...that's basically what they're designed for. lol I used my echo control short (1065) for streety stuff, like manuals, fufanus, abubacas, etc. And it did all that way better than any 35 pound DJ gayness. I don't use it to air anything out, like quarter pipes and what not, but when I had no rear brake on it, I let some guy from fredericton try my bike out and he was doing 360's off the quarter pipe on my echo...lmao. Seatless trials bikes are more fun.

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 19:29 Quote
this is a super old thread, i know, but i didnt want to start another thread. could i use a 2010 echo trials bike for street? basically use it as a bmx bike?

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 19:35 Quote
Yes, it just handles differently than a bmx would.

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 19:36 Quote
how badly different? like, i would trade my sunday for one. I dont sit, so could i still 180, hop, etc? would i need to adjust a ton

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 19:58 Quote
If you are switching over from a mountain bike it will be hard to do most streety moves. After you get used to the trials geometry, you can do everything with no problem.

I used to ride street mtb's and I would never go back to that kind of geo. Trials bikes are where its at. Just stick to the shorter ones to make your mtb to trials transition easier.

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 21:27 Quote
hanley wrote:
how badly different? like, i would trade my sunday for one. I dont sit, so could i still 180, hop, etc? would i need to adjust a ton

Why are you doing this? What made you want one?

Right now you sound like a dumb kid buying into the current trial fad kicked off by Danny.

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 21:44 Quote
trialsinmachine wrote:
If you are switching over from a mountain bike it will be hard to do most streety moves. After you get used to the trials geometry, you can do everything with no problem.

I used to ride street mtb's and I would never go back to that kind of geo. Trials bikes are where its at. Just stick to the shorter ones to make your mtb to trials transition easier.

I ride whatever at this point. And no, you dick, im not trying to be "trendy". I dont use a seat, ever. So dont judge someone by their age, I am trying to find A bike that has features i wanr

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 21:50 Quote
hanley wrote:
trialsinmachine wrote:

I ride whatever at this point. And no, you dick, im not trying to be "trendy". I dont use a seat, ever. So dont judge someone by their age, I am trying to find A bike that has features i wanr

So you want a BMX without a seat? Sweet. Have you ever ridden anything close to the frame you're considering?

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 21:52 Quote
you really dont have to be a dick. I dont even see why your being so disagreeable, I dont need a seat, and so i am looking at a trials bike

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 21:56 Quote
hanley wrote:
you really dont have to be a dick. I dont even see why your being so disagreeable, I dont need a seat, and so i am looking at a trials bike

How have I been a dick?

If you literally just want a bmx without a seat, take your seat off. A trials bike is going to ride dramatically different from a bmx, obviously. It's a different genre of bike for a reason.

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 at 21:58 Quote
yeah, that way i can get a seat tube up the ass

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022118
Mobile Version of Website