New rig!!

PB Forum :: Downhill
New rig!!
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 at 23:05 Quote
hi all!!

well im lookin for a frame for a downhill rig im building and im stuck between a demo 7 and a norco shore 06/07... what dya think??

Posted: Mar 17, 2008 at 23:32 Quote
glorys are sweet too, might wanna take them into consideration. personally i would go with a demo though. (just preferance)

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 7:03 Quote
jason-brar wrote:
glorys are sweet too, might wanna take them into consideration. personally i would go with a demo though. (just preferance)

yeah i like em just not as much as others

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 9:26 Quote
demo 7 is cool! I have a demo 8.. If you can buy a demo 8, go for it! It's awesome bike!

cheers =]

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 9:29 Quote
more people that race downhill dont use demo's or shores there more freerid'ish bikes.

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 9:34 Quote
888fork wrote:
more people that race downhill dont use demo's or shores there more freerid'ish bikes.

it will be my normal bike aswel as my downhill one. so relly im lookin for a fr/light dh...Smile

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 9:35 Quote
def 7 there soo sweet, and if you take the travel chip out than it has 7.8 inches of travel, essentially a demo 8 (the white one is sooo sick)

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 9:36 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
def 7 there soo sweet, and if you take the travel chip out than it has 7.8 inches of travel, essentially a demo 8 (the white one is sooo sick)

whats the travel chip??

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 9:38 Quote
I know a guy that is a pinner downhill guy, he owns a Turner DHR.
He recently purchased (spur of the moment) a 2007 demo 7, and HATED it.
He said it felt like a dead piece of junk in the corners, and sluggish on the trails.
Just an opinion, but you need the goods and bads.

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 10:09 Quote
spoiledgoods wrote:
I know a guy that is a pinner downhill guy, he owns a Turner DHR.
He recently purchased (spur of the moment) a 2007 demo 7, and HATED it.
He said it felt like a dead piece of junk in the corners, and sluggish on the trails.
Just an opinion, but you need the goods and bads.


WTF? Eek


Demo 7 is a Freeride bike... If the guy ride at DH trails and owns a Turner DHR Obviously it will surprise a demo 7, is not it? Rolleyes

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 10:39 Quote
Not exactly,
he was hoping to get a nice freeride bike that was nimble, fast, and sensitive to the touch.
Instead, he said, he got a couch on wheels.

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 13:16 Quote
jackariusjones wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
def 7 there soo sweet, and if you take the travel chip out than it has 7.8 inches of travel, essentially a demo 8 (the white one is sooo sick)

whats the travel chip??
theres a plastic black chip in the shock body that can easally be removed. search the threds for it, theres a pic of it and directions to how to remove it

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 18:32 Quote
I just bought a 2008 Demo 7 for DH racing and I love it so far. I took the travel spacer out, and threw on a Boxxer and Sunline bar/stem combo. The bike handles real well on the trails that Ive ridden so far. Not as nimble as other bikes, but still a great bike! I got pics if you want to check them out, let me know

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 19:07 Quote
freerider129 wrote:
I just bought a 2008 Demo 7 for DH racing and I love it so far. I took the travel spacer out, and threw on a Boxxer and Sunline bar/stem combo. The bike handles real well on the trails that Ive ridden so far. Not as nimble as other bikes, but still a great bike! I got pics if you want to check them out, let me know


great! post some pics for us!

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
Here she is...My 2008 Demo 7 race bike. Just waiting for some custom Boxxer decals and a SDG I-Beam set-up and its done.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff14/mtbiker219/DSC_0090.jpg

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009806
Mobile Version of Website