ABBOTSFORD/ MISSION/ CHILLIWACK RIDERS

PB Forum :: Canada - West
ABBOTSFORD/ MISSION/ CHILLIWACK RIDERS
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 19:30 Quote
Well i didn't see one so i thought i would get this started Big Grin

Army Rode sumas this weekend though im not sure exactly what trail we took;Confused stopped by Chadsey as it continued to pour all day, fun riding though a few logs and upspots Wink

this weekend will probably gobble up the knobbler if anybody out there can hear this make yourself knowN!Joker

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 18:46 Quote
The Chadsey trail is currently being cleaned out, with all the fallen trees being removed. No point waiting for the Parks dept to clean it out, so an ambitious local builder and friends took it upon themselves to do the work.

That's not a trail many people ride. How did you like it?

Gonna be busy fall and winter up there - loads of work to do: TimeKiller repair post-logging, maybe re-activate RokDiva; Emma peel maintenance and possibly a new connector trail.

Join FVMBA if you want to help out or have a say.

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 12:29 Quote
I liked the trail a lot, it was pouring rain that day but it was still beautiful and most importantly fun!

there was a fair amount of deadfall in at least one specific area. can u say chainsaw party? Big Grin

so are there any other riders out here from the area?? there's gotta be more...

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 12:42 Quote
oh Yeah!

A buddy and I do rides every Wednesday and Sunday, no matter how the weather is!
We are usually at the Wood Lot or Vedder (hitchin shuttles) on Sunday. We are going to start doing Sumas on Wednesdays cuz it gives us more time (daylight) after work instead of driving to Maple Ridge or Cultas Lake.
Send me a msg if interested in hookin up for some rides. I was part of Club 67 at maple ridge cycle through the summer but they ended the season sooner than normal.

We are intermediate to advanced skill level at the moment. We do all the drops and skinny's but just starting to learn big gaps and lip jumps. These are not easy on a 50Lb DH specific bike!

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 15:42 Quote
blah blah blah all ride's this weekend canceled

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 13:45 Quote
Riding ledgview today; its gonna be a little sav.. leaves everywhere- and its pouring like a mofo.. sounds like fun Wink I heard from people on the island worse is heading this way.. and we had wind warnings up the ying yang, so ima get out and hit the lower runs a few times.. Git 'er done!

...well i'm back, the rain was intense, but the ride was fun. note to self: never forget your goggles. i had complete rain gear for the hike up.. and it payed off.. fun riding.. slippery under the leaves.. some jumps are dicipating in the rain Frown

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 19:48 Quote
Ledgeview trail day coming up soon......

I'll post details shortly.

www.fvmba.com

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 0:46 Quote
Hey guys come check out the NWD 8 premier in abby on nov. third.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2928/nwd8bmpcm5.jpg

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 1:29 Quote
go to the premiere support the fvmba

Posted: Nov 4, 2007 at 9:28 Quote
trail day today on ledgview

Bugers and Beer fundraiser tonight at blueridge bar and grill!! (center ice on blueridge in abbotsford) 6pm-9pm

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 13:39 Quote
I'm bumping this thread because I need some help.

I've just recently moved to Mission and I'm looking for some good biking. Had my bike stolen, finally got a replacement now I want to get out.

Are there any trails, XC, slopes, whatever you guys can help me with. Need to get back into it!

And where exactly is Red Mtn out this way?

Thanks in advance!

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
Find out where the Mission District Rod and Gun Club is on Dewdney Trunk road. That's Red mountain. Bear Mountain is right across the street.

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 14:25 Quote
valleyrider wrote:
Find out where the Mission District Rod and Gun Club is on Dewdney Trunk road. That's Red mountain. Bear Mountain is right across the street.

Awesome thanks, I actually live really close to that!

I knew there had to be decent trails around here somewhere.

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 11:11 Quote
bear mountain is fun, red mountain is intense

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011200
Mobile Version of Website