norco xxxx owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
norco xxxx owners
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
hey im looking to buya 2008 norco xxxx and i was wondering how they handled drops and big jumps and if there a good all around bike

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
its a smooth bike my friend had one but youd want to get a shock that you can make really hard because the leverage ratio isnt as stiff as others but hits big jumps and drops good id get it

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 13:20 Quote
i was thinking of buying a fox dhx air 5.0 after a while if i got it any way but i was talking to this dude and he said the were really stiff

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 13:22 Quote
if you set it like that yeah there stiff...otherwise no..

its a dh shock so you can set it up to soak up all the little bumps too

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 13:22 Quote
jibbyguy wrote:
i was thinking of buying a fox dhx air 5.0 after a while if i got it any way but i was talking to this dude and he said the were really stiff
ya id get a fox dhx 5.0 but thats not what i felt on my friends maybe they have changed but the ones i rode feeel soft and they bttom out pretty easy if you dont have enough air pressure

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
savagepaul wrote:
jibbyguy wrote:
ya id get a fox dhx 5.0 but thats not what i felt on my friends maybe they have changed but the ones i rode feeel soft and they bttom out pretty easy if you dont have enough air pressure

^^^exactly what i mean...

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 16:24 Quote
newbikesoon wrote:
if you set it like that yeah there stiff...otherwise no..

its a dh shock so you can set it up to soak up all the little bumps too

sorry i didnt see this one

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 17:23 Quote
any other reviews on this bike? i would love to read more bout it!

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
i wouldn't bother putting the dhx air on it it would be a waste of money the 4x frame isn't meant to soack of small bumps and such if you really wanted to upgrade the shock you could put an rp23 but id say the float is fine the dhx was designed around bikes with more travel and the float and rp23 were designed around shorter travel frames

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 8:46 Quote
Hi. I ride norco xxxx from 07. Great bike. Geometry is perfect for me... I ride dirt/dual and sometime i go on dh with friends... i ride with fox float r and marzocchi 4x... bike on dirt ok but on huge jumps and drops is very nice... for pedaling is surpriseingly good... like some enduro bike.... i ride with 12mm TA and rear fork is very stiff(not flexibile).... ask some q, i will answer.,.,.,

btw sorry for my englishPimp

some pic of bike
[PI=http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/perodot/IMG_0427.jpg size=m align=c]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/perodot/IMG_0427.jpg[/PI]
[PI=http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/perodot/DSC03868.jpg size=m align=c]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/perodot/DSC03868.jpg[/PI]

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 16:34 Quote
i like ur bike its sweet and the brakes ur running are gnarly

do u think a fox dhx air is a waste of money or is it worht it?

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
nigel12 wrote:
i wouldn't bother putting the dhx air on it it would be a waste of money the 4x frame isn't meant to soack of small bumps and such if you really wanted to upgrade the shock you could put an rp23 but id say the float is fine the dhx was designed around bikes with more travel and the float and rp23 were designed around shorter travel frames

they were desinged for xc bikes too so i think it would work well on a xxxx

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 19:12 Quote
jibbyguy wrote:
do u think a fox dhx air is a waste of money or is it worht it?

I'd say keep the Float R that comes on the bike and get it PUSH'd.

photo
photo

I run mine with 6" in front, and 4" in the back. I have the shock set for 28% sag (measured), and run lots of compression on the fork at the same sag setting. The bike corners insane and pedals like a light, beefy hardtail to where you almost forget the suspension until you send it, and then it's right there. I hit the road gap and the Halette Drop at Black Rock on it and in each instance the bike just soaked up the landing and kept rolling, no drama. I expected harsh landings, but never experienced a one. It's to the point that I debate whether to take my Shore or this bike when I go riding now.

I cannot recommend these bikes enough. So sick.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 19:16 Quote
im a bigger dude so i was thinking of a dhx air so i can pump up the psi

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017542
Mobile Version of Website