norco xxxx owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
norco xxxx owners
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 19:24 Quote
jibbyguy wrote:
im a bigger dude so i was thinking of a dhx air so i can pump up the psi

A Float R is rated for 300 psi. I run mine at 215, and the guy I bought the bike from (6'1" and around 195/200 lbs) ran it around 260 psi. You'll never really get an air shock to feel plush over little bumps like you can with a coil, even on a DHX, and especially with only 4 inches of travel and a 2 inch stroke to work with, but that stiff little shock feels bottomless when you hit something big. I debated putting a Roco coil on the bike since the air shock only saves a quarter pound, but the little Float R has surprised me, so I'm just going to beat it until it fails and PUSH it. You don't really need much more than that.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 19:44 Quote
robholio wrote:
jibbyguy wrote:
im a bigger dude so i was thinking of a dhx air so i can pump up the psi

A Float R is rated for 300 psi. I run mine at 215, and the guy I bought the bike from (6'1" and around 195/200 lbs) ran it around 260 psi. You'll never really get an air shock to feel plush over little bumps like you can with a coil, even on a DHX, and especially with only 4 inches of travel and a 2 inch stroke to work with, but that stiff little shock feels bottomless when you hit something big. I debated putting a Roco coil on the bike since the air shock only saves a quarter pound, but the little Float R has surprised me, so I'm just going to beat it until it fails and PUSH it. You don't really need much more than that.

k well im around 6' and bout 200 plus or minus so ok

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 20:51 Quote
im the guy who started the forum i just made a new profile cuz my buddy took my other one over

and more reveiws would still be appreciated

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 17:09 Quote
is this bike able to handle drops and how good is it on dirt jumps?

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 14:36 Quote
I have an 08 Norco xxxx

Ive been riding it since december, it can take all the trail riding, dirt jumping and dropping ive thrown at it, feels super smooth

recommended

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 14:50 Quote
just bought a 07 XXXX and I love it, when set up stiff I handles just like my hardtail on dirt, and with a little less air it can handle the rough stuff pretty decently without bottoming.

Posted: Jun 6, 2009 at 17:51 Quote
Personally, I think it's the best bike in their line-up next to the Empire 5.

Posted: Sep 21, 2009 at 15:28 Quote
What's the longest travel fork you can sensibly put on the xxxx? I'm thinking of buying a frame

Posted: Sep 21, 2009 at 15:34 Quote
Bollywoggle wrote:
What's the longest travel fork you can sensibly put on the xxxx? I'm thinking of buying a frame

i personally wouldn't go over 5 inches. get a revelation with u turn

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 1:53 Quote
hello all , this is my ride. I really love to ride this bike but i always had big trouble with rear brakes ( very noisy and shaky ). Maybe its cuz my rear disc is oversized? The disc runs very near the frame. I want to upgrade some part for next seasons. I'm open for comments. Thanks you ^^

I have Juicy 5 brakes btw

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i38.tinypic.com/a0jx49.jpg

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 at 21:18 Quote
my ride: 2006 norco xxxx team edidtion with argyle 318 white syncros rims laced to red hadley hubs juicy 7's deity bars with easton havoc dh stem

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 at 21:47 Quote
just put a down payment on a 2009 4x which will hopefully be sub 30 lbs when done

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 10:38 Quote
to Ocjp, i just rode my 2007 XXXX for the first time, with a 160mm avid bb5 on the back (because i can't afford any better at the moment haha) and had a bit of clatter on the back, so i guess it might just be a characteristic of the frame, the 203mm rotor probably isn't helping tho lol.

Also, what do people think about putting pikes on the front? And could i go to 160mm if i feel like it without risking snapping the headtube or something?

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 at 22:41 Quote
Bollywoggle wrote:

yeah i agree. it isn't a long travel bike. it can be used for dh and larger hits, but having a fork longer than 5in or so would make the bike super raked and the geo would get thrown off. you'd get weird wobble when trying to balance skinnies etc, and if you're a big guy then you risk flaring a headtube. i have a pike u-turn on my 08 xxxx, and i run it around 4.5 regardless of what i'm doing. it's a sick bike, super solid and really feels at home in the DJs and slopestyle and slalom areas. recommended!

Posted: Jun 22, 2010 at 12:15 Quote
Hello, can you tell me thats the max rotor size for this frame? (REAR)

thank's

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013583
Mobile Version of Website