What Slopestyle Frame?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What Slopestyle Frame?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 17:05 Quote
I'm thinking of putting together a slopestyle bike. I ride mostly freeride but not the huge stuff. I'm looking to make it pretty light as well. What frame would you guys suggest?

PS: I'm still young and growing so I'll be running an air shock to avoid switching springs every year or two.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 0:02 Quote
Intense 6.6 slopestyle?
Could be built up pretty light if u get the right components.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 11:29 Quote
Yea, I'm kinda looking at the Intense SS, SX Trail and the Wildcard.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:38 Quote
bottlerocket its sort of heavy but i have seen light builds before and its not to expencive

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:40 Quote
The rocky mountain slayer SS, looks like a really good bike i have rdden a slayer and they are pretty crazy bikes i really like how they ride.

That new Mongoose Nugget looks pretty insane too. i think that will be a good slopestyle bike as well.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
I dont really wanna get a bottlerocket cuz like everybody has them these days plus my friend just got one and do you know if the Rocky Mountain is gonna be sold as just a frame? Cuz the specs on the complete arent to great.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:53 Quote
Well i know that rocky mountain usually does like a special frame edition for all there bikes, so more than likely yes. But i agree with you, having a bike like matched with a domain kinda of is a let down they should have a better fork than that and other higher end parts.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
i dont no if they do but that is a sick frame

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
Yea, do you know how much they are supposed to weigh? like in relation to other slopestyle frames/bikes.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:56 Quote
but if i were u i wouldnt not get a bike because alot of people have it

Mod
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
How much are you looking to spend?

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
Not sure yet. I'm not buying it rite now (saving up). Maybe $5000 for the full bike.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 18:00 Quote
The ss fully built is 40 i just found out so i would for sure buy a frame and bulid it up light cause thats a tank for a slopestle bike.....That is if you did choose that bike.

Mod
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
I would just buy a Reign X0 and swap out the wheels and some of the cockpit components and add a chainguide in order to make it lighter and stronger and suited for slopestyle. The Intense SS frame is close to $3000 Canadian alone so that doesn't leave you with a lot of money to build a quality rig.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
Yeah, the rocky mountain sounds good. I guess you're rite about the intense. It'll put me over my budget.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010438
Mobile Version of Website