close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

What Slopestyle Frame?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What Slopestyle Frame?
Previous Page |
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 17:05 Quote
I'm thinking of putting together a slopestyle bike. I ride mostly freeride but not the huge stuff. I'm looking to make it pretty light as well. What frame would you guys suggest?

PS: I'm still young and growing so I'll be running an air shock to avoid switching springs every year or two.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 0:02 Quote
Intense 6.6 slopestyle?
Could be built up pretty light if u get the right components.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 11:29 Quote
Yea, I'm kinda looking at the Intense SS, SX Trail and the Wildcard.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:38 Quote
bottlerocket its sort of heavy but i have seen light builds before and its not to expencive

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:40 Quote
The rocky mountain slayer SS, looks like a really good bike i have rdden a slayer and they are pretty crazy bikes i really like how they ride.

That new Mongoose Nugget looks pretty insane too. i think that will be a good slopestyle bike as well.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
I dont really wanna get a bottlerocket cuz like everybody has them these days plus my friend just got one and do you know if the Rocky Mountain is gonna be sold as just a frame? Cuz the specs on the complete arent to great.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:53 Quote
Well i know that rocky mountain usually does like a special frame edition for all there bikes, so more than likely yes. But i agree with you, having a bike like matched with a domain kinda of is a let down they should have a better fork than that and other higher end parts.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
i dont no if they do but that is a sick frame

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:55 Quote
Yea, do you know how much they are supposed to weigh? like in relation to other slopestyle frames/bikes.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:56 Quote
but if i were u i wouldnt not get a bike because alot of people have it

Mod
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
How much are you looking to spend?

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
Not sure yet. I'm not buying it rite now (saving up). Maybe $5000 for the full bike.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 18:00 Quote
The ss fully built is 40 i just found out so i would for sure buy a frame and bulid it up light cause thats a tank for a slopestle bike.....That is if you did choose that bike.

Mod
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
I would just buy a Reign X0 and swap out the wheels and some of the cockpit components and add a chainguide in order to make it lighter and stronger and suited for slopestyle. The Intense SS frame is close to $3000 Canadian alone so that doesn't leave you with a lot of money to build a quality rig.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
Yeah, the rocky mountain sounds good. I guess you're rite about the intense. It'll put me over my budget.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005850
Mobile Version of Website