What Slopestyle Frame?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What Slopestyle Frame?
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 12:24 Quote
U might want to look at the Jamis Parker 3. but its a full bike, and im not sure how heavy it is. but it looks like a really good slopestyle bike.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 14:51 Quote
Bottle Rocket, loads of build options so can make it strong and light, looks sweet tooBatman

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 15:02 Quote
i agree the bottle rocket is the dream bike for slopestyle

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 20:05 Quote
brs are crap, way 2 heavy for what you get, maybe a while ago when the entire slope style thing was still new they were great bikes but with all the other options out there they are not the best

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 22:48 Quote
y get a bottle rocket for slupestly has anyone seen the new transition double. it is a way better choice for slopestyle than a 6 inch rear whell travel bike.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 23:04 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Any bike can be built light without sacrificing the build and durability. For example, my Intense M6 complete DH rig weighs jus under 34 pounds and there are still a lot of parts that I could swap mainly titanium bolts and hardware rather than the aluminum bolts and change over to ceramic bearings to shed another 3-4 pounds. I know a friend of mine build his Giant Reign X0 to 27 pounds and it was the ultimate jump bike. I don't understand why people suggest the SX. It doesn't even compare to a Reign. The SX is over rated and over hyped and is very expensive for what you get. Same goes for the Wildcard. The frame is over $2000 Canadian with a DHX Air! I would seriously go to a shop and start test riding some bikes just to get an idea of what you prefer in terms of geometry, suspension design, and overall feel as I can guarantee that almost everyone in this forum hasn't ridden half of the bikes they are suggesting. That is why I hate threads like which bike should I get as people recommend something they haven't had adequate saddle time and know nothing about it other than what it looks like on a website.
Laurie, lets see this m6 on a scale...And put some pants on!Fab

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 23:31 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Any bike can be built light without sacrificing the build and durability. For example, my Intense M6 complete DH rig weighs jus under 34 pounds and there are still a lot of parts that I could swap mainly titanium bolts and hardware rather than the aluminum bolts and change over to ceramic bearings to shed another 3-4 pounds. I know a friend of mine build his Giant Reign X0 to 27 pounds and it was the ultimate jump bike. I don't understand why people suggest the SX. It doesn't even compare to a Reign. The SX is over rated and over hyped and is very expensive for what you get. Same goes for the Wildcard. The frame is over $2000 Canadian with a DHX Air! I would seriously go to a shop and start test riding some bikes just to get an idea of what you prefer in terms of geometry, suspension design, and overall feel as I can guarantee that almost everyone in this forum hasn't ridden half of the bikes they are suggesting. That is why I hate threads like which bike should I get as people recommend something they haven't had adequate saddle time and know nothing about it other than what it looks like on a website.

I want too see the 2 bikes on scales, before i see it im calling BS. Sorry if i sound like a ass.

Mod
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 7:06 Quote
coca wrote:
Laurie, lets see this m6 on a scale...And put some pants on!Fab

My pants are on! It's my top that's off! I'll see what I can do as far as getting my bike on the scale. I am still finalizing my build and the bike is sort of in a different province than me. Even though some of the weights on my bike are claimed, most of them are actually verified weights from weighing each part individually and there are only a few claimed weights that remain in my build. I have actually figured in some extra weight in order to compensate for any discrepancies that may arise so as far as I am concerned, the real weight of the bike should be pretty close to bang on what I have calculated. It’s amazing what money can buy these days.

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 7:18 Quote
One of these, you can order it with an air shock as well.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.nicolai.net/imgs/prod/800/08-ufo-ds.jpg

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 9:04 Quote
It's Nicolai. It's expensive.

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 10:21 Quote
Lol my bad, I was looking at hs budget as £5000 not $5000....

Posted: Mar 23, 2008 at 8:31 Quote
this build came in about GBP£2800

photo

Posted: Mar 23, 2008 at 18:39 Quote
Personally, I don't really like the BR. And 2800 GBP is too expensive for me (thats like $5700 CAD). I do like the sounds of that Regin X tho.

Posted: Mar 23, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
wat kinda bike is that?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019495
Mobile Version of Website